Chapter 2

His eyes fluttered open and he slowly moved his hand to his head.

"You're awake!" Maggie cried.

He winced at the volume of her voice.

"Sorry." She whispered.

"You can see my face?" He spoke, calmly.

"Yes, we know who you are. But don't worry we aren't going to tell anyone."

He groaned as he tried to sit up, he was in worse shape than ever before.

"Lay back down, Matty!" She placed her hand on his bruised chest and guided him back down.

Suddenly he became uneasy. "Did you say, Matty?"

She nodded, with a big smile across her face.

"Who are you? How do you know my name... how did I get here... I died!"
He began to hyperventilate, making his broken ribs radiate with pain.

"A woman brought you here... she had long black hair, very pretty... some kind of accent... You don't know who I am?"

Matt looked confused, he worried that his heightened senses weren't working.

"Matthew, it's me! Your mother!"

Meanwhile in Hell's Kitchen

"This doesn't mean anything!" Foggy stood and picked up his brief case. "I have to get to work. You should go to work too-"

"Are you kidding me Foggy? Matt's alive, we need to find him! I don't get why you're being so calm, do you even care!?"

He slammed his brief case to the floor.
"Of course I care! God, Karen, he was my best friend... I can't get my hopes up again..."

Karen didn't know what to do other than hug her friend.
"What are we without hope?"

Foggy wiped his eyes and took a step back. "Ok, you're right. How about we go to work, and afterwards we can meet at Josie's and figure out what to do?"

Karen nodded in agreement.

He got his stuff together and headed for the door. "Alright, just don't do anything stupid without me, ok?"

She gritted her teeth slightly and didn't respond.

No one tells Karen Page what to do.