18; What She Wanted

Today was the day.

I had hidden from the pack and the rest of my family for one day and it was tearing me up inside. I had learned that Mason usually played with Manny, did pack things, or sat in his room most of the time. I knew this because I had over heard a conversation about it. It made my heart clench with pain.

No longer will it. I had caused these people enough pain and I hope to resolve it all today.

Right now.

I was changed and sitting on the bed. Mason was dealing with a few papers in his office downstairs. I had told him about my newly changed attitude. He seemed happy and suggested that I had come out of the bedroom at the pack meeting in a few minutes.

This is the first time I'm addressing the pack as their Luna and slayer. I will be seeing my brothers and I couldn't be more nervous about it. It could go several different ways.

One, I could run and leap into their arms. Happy ending.

Two, I could ignore them and wing it. More pain for me and potentially them as well.

Three, I could talk to them before the meeting. Hope all goes well...

A million more ran through my head. Most of them being negative because the situation wasn't exactly suited for the faint of heart. I wasn't sure how much stress I could take before I grew grey hair.

I sighed and looked at myself again. My hair was falling down naturally, my makeup was professional and nothing too flashy, and I wore mostly black. My sweaty palms could be rubbed against my black skinny jeans and not be noticed.

A knock on the door and it opened. I looked to see Mason there with a sad smile on his face.

"Babe, it'll be fine. I promise. The pack will love you. I"m sure Damon would be glad to see you. Manny will love to see you no matter what. It's all in your head."

I sighed and stood up. I nodded and followed him down the hall and into the meeting room. His hand in mine, I felt better again.

The doors opened and immediately everyone was silent. People were seated everywhere, children and adults, all coming to see their alpha. It made me realize how much of a bond these people had with one another. Their family was tight an something I longed for. I hope this goes well.

"Hello, and welcome to the meeting. A few things need to be addressed. As I'm sure you've all noticed, I have with me a woman. She's strong, willing, and your Luna."

They started to clap. I clenched Mason's hand and looked to him. His smile was genuine and one that I had missed. I mirrored him and looked about the crowd in search for one face.

There he was. He had a small, sad smile on his face while he was clapping along with everyone. I paid him more attention. I think he got the message because he nodded at me.

Everything was okay.

"Thank you. We will be here after the meeting for an questions. But, now we are here to talk about this rogue and vampire problem. My mate, is a vampire slayer. The only one in the world. She's been called upon on us to help us out. Until this problem is taken care of, we will be patrolling more often. I want a barrier around twenty-four seven. No one is to go anywhere alone."

Mason went on in leadership mode. I stared at him and watched as he talked with passion. He had truly cared for all of these people and it made me swell with pride. This was now part of me.

The meeting was over and everyone started their way out of the room. I sat with Mason for a moment and waited. People would make nice remarks to me.