Tender Touch

Cristina and Teddy didn't talk about it.

They kissed; it was a nice kiss, but they didn't talk about it. Each of them longed to bring it up, or do it again, but each one kept silent because they thought the other had a problem with it.

Teddy firmly believed Cristina only kissed her because she was upset, while Cristina firmly believed that she'd taken advantage of Teddy in her vulnerable state. When two strong women came together, the result was a whole lot of stubborn.

Still, every night Cristina faithfully crawled into bed with Teddy, and on the nights when Teddy was home late, she crawled into bed with Cristina. The only difference being that Teddy slept in Cristina's arms rather than a foot away from her.

Odd, how they could cuddle up at night, but words eluded them when it came to their kiss.

One unusually sunny and warm Seattle day, Cristina got home from work after a pretty short shift. She was on call, so she was expecting a page later in the night, but considering the unusual heat, she was glad to be home.

Teddy went home with her; it wasn't often that one was at work without the other.

"It shouldn't be this warm; it's barely even May" Cristina grumbled as she went off to her room to change into some shorts and a tank top.

Teddy laughed, something Cristina noticed she was doing more often, before heading off to her own room to change.

"It's nice; reminds me a bit of the desert" they met up in the living room, Teddy clad in just an oversized shirt and Cristina wearing some spandex shorts and her old Stanford T, to watch something on TV until their pagers undoubtedly went off.

"Do you ever miss the desert?" Cristina asks, watching Teddy as she folds her long, muscly legs underneath her. It was a question she wasn't sure she even wanted the answer to; why work so hard to bring the rain back, if Teddy missed the desert?

Teddy shook her head, and relief flooded through Cristina.

"It was too hot, I was always sunburnt the first month I was out there. Sand was everywhere, in my bed, in my shoes, everywhere. There were flies, large bugs that always made their way into our tents, and there was no you" Teddy sighs, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Cristina doesn't know what to say; it were as if Teddy just confessed exactly how she felt, without really saying anything. So, instead of speaking, Cristina leaned over and pressed her lips to Teddy's, soft and experimental at first, but when long nimble fingers worked their way into ebony locks, the kiss got less soft and more hard.

A soft moan was let out from pink lips, and Cristina swore she'd never heard anything as gorgeous. When the kiss ended, and Teddy looked at her with wide ocean eyes and kiss-swollen lips, Cristina swore she'd never seen anything as gorgeous.

"What is this?" Teddy asks, cupping Cristina's cheek "I've been dying to ask, but I was never really sure how"

"Well" Cristina grasps Teddy's hands in her own, and laces their fingers together "this is us; we can just be us, until we feel the need to define it as more. We can be us, who are not seeing other people, and we can figure it all out along the way"

Teddy nodded, and soon, they were kissing again.

~

Days turned into a week, and soon, kissing wasn't enough. Well, it was but it wasn't. Whilst enjoyable, Cristina longed to touch Teddy in more ways. The only problem was, Cristina was terrified that Teddy wasn't ready. Especially considering how distraught she was for so long over Henry.