Chapter 15

Harry drove us home, his hand was on my thigh and would occasionally bring my hand up to kiss it. I smiled at him and could hear the boys whispering amongst themselves about us. I didn't pay it any mind but would feel Harry glare at them through the rear view. 

"Go to dinner with me tonight." Harry said and I gave him a look.

"What?"

"Go to dinner with me tonight." 

"I can't." I bit my lip and he frowned. "Why not?" "I have a thing with my parents." "A thing?" He was unconvinced and a little angry with a whole lot of hurt. 

"Yeah it's their anniversary tonight and I'm expected to be at whatever thing they plan. I don't know if it's a dinner or a party or just a movie at the house." I said and he narrowed his eyes at me. "I think you're lying to me." "Why would I lie to you Harry?" 

"I don't know, that's what I want to know." "I'm not. Would it make you feel better if I call my mother and ask her?" "Yes, it would." "For fucksake you're such a child." I rolled my eyes and took my phone out. 

"Hello?" My mom said happily and I smiled, setting her on speaker. "Hey mom. What are we doing tonight?" "It's our anniversary. What do you mean? Did you forget?" "No, mom. I didn't. I meant like a party or dinner?" 

"Oh, that's easy. We're having a little party thing. Nothing formal so dress casual. Also, your brothers want to know if you could help them plan something." "Which brothers?" "Jon and Nate." "Oh, for what?" I was confused as to why a 8 and 9 year old want my help. 

"I have no idea. It's for like a birthday party. Apparently I don't plan great enough birthday parties for them so they want you to do it." I rolled my eyes. "I'll talk to them later." "Bring a date! Bring Michael or something." "I'll probably bring Sebastian or Anthony." I yawned and I could practically see my mother's face smirking. 

"Anthony?" "He has a girlfriend, chill out mom." "Then why are you bringing him? Bring a love interest of yours!" "Mom. I'm gay." "Bring a woman then!" I laughed and I could hear the boys chuckle in the back. 

"Leslie. Seriously, bring somebody." "I'll see." I sighed and hung up. "Satisfied?" I asked Harry with an annoyed expression and got out of the car since we were parked at his place. 

"I didn't mean to offend you." "Harry. Seriously. Stop." I said grabbing my keys. "I'll be your date."

"No. I don't want you to be my date. I don't introduce people who aren't my boyfriend to my family. I like you, I do. I just don't know you well enough to put them at risk." "Are you embarrassed of me?"

"No. Why would I? I don't particularly like to introduce my fuck buddy to my parents." "Is that what you think of me?" "Harry. I don't have time to argue. I have to go." I rolled my eyes and walked to my car. 

"You're not going anywhere." He slammed my door shut as I opened it. "What is your issue?" "You!" He shouted and I rolled my eyes. "What I do?" "You're ashamed of me." He was angry and hurt as he spoke, looking into my eyes.

 "Harry. I'm not. I care about you truly and faithfully. I just don't want to give my parents the impression that we're an item. You said it yourself, we both simply have no time to be in a relationship with our careers.  I'm not ashamed of you and if it makes you feel better I'll go to dinner with you tomorrow or the day after. I just can't today." I intertwined his hands in mine and looked up at him before pressing a kiss to his collar bone. 

"Who are you taking tonight then?" "Probably Sebastian. He's a close friend of mine from high school. Before you ask, no. I don't have any romantic feelings for him nor have I ever. He's married to one of our close friends. He's like a brother to me."