Love and Life, it's complicated

Chapter 1

*******************************************************************************

I woke up to the beeping of my stupid alarm clock. I groaned, "Stupid alarm always getting in the way of my dreams." I said sitting up and stretching.

I got up and went to my bathroom.

I stripped and got in the warm sensation of my shower.

After my shower I got into my black tank top, heavy stitch shorts, Juicy Couture - Chiffon Chain Zip Hoodie, and my black converse. I zipped up my hoodie half up, got my backpack, and walked in downstairs.

I dropped my backpack near the door and went into the kitchen.

My brother Zach was eating cereal while my mom, Grace, was running around getting things together for her trip to Russia. She's a nurse, who travels around the world.

I'm her daughter Shannon Masen, I'm a 15 year old girl who doesn't fit in at school only because I look emo. My brother Zach he is 17 years old. Most people don't even know I have a brother because he goes to an all boys boarding school in England. He's only here for a week so he can 'babysit' me. I don't understand why I even need a babysitter I mean its not like I'm going to have a party! Well I was until I heard Zach was babysitting me so there went my chance be become popular.

I sat down next to my idiot brother and poured some milk and cereal.

"Morning sweetie." My mom greeted me.

"Morning," I replied, taking a spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

"Shannon sweetie I have to leave soon so I just wanted to tell you that I love you and your brother. And please don't burn the house down. " she said

"Okay mom." I laughed.

"Thank you. " she said, kissing my forehead.

She looked at her watch and said, "Okay I have to go, Zach be good to your sister, no parties, and no friends allowed over. Shannon please make sure he does what he's told. I trust you to take care of him even though he's supposed to be taking care of you."

"Hey! I'm not that immature!" Zach cut in.

"Hun, you threw a party and trashed the place the day you knew I was coming home. Remind me why I'm letting you take care of your sister again?"

"You said it was because he was older." I answered for him.

"Yes, now I got to go! I love you both!" she said grabbing her things, and dashing out the door.

"Bye!" Zach and I called after her.

After her car was out of the driveway Zach turned to me and asked, "Okay, when do I have to drop you off to school and when do I pick you up?"

"I go at about around 7:30-ish and you pick me up at 2:25pm k?"

"Okay, you've got about 10 minutes, do you wanna go now?" he asked.

"Um.................sure." I finished my cereal, put it in the sink, grabbed my backpack and walked to Zach's car. I got in the passenger's side and buckled in. Zach turned on the car and drove off. When we were halfway there he said, "Okay, so when you come home I'll have some friends over with their brothers. Just giving you a heads up."

"But mom said you weren't allowed to have friends over?"

"I know, but since when did I ever listen to her?"

"Um.........okay."

"And don't tell her about this okay?"

"k"