Chapter 11

*Three weeks later*

"It's not that hard to pee on a stick." I yell through the closed bathroom door.

Isabella has been throwing up all week and Mason and I have basically been stuck babysitting her. In a way it's good though because it takes my mind off my Dad dramas. We've been at the Wright's house for a while because Dad still is psycho which scares me. Lilly must be enjoying her long time with her friend. School is soon but I'm scared for Isabella because I'm almost certain the test results will be positive. Ohh and there was a full moon - we both survived thankfully. Mason has been so good to me these past few weeks with helping out with all that.

"I'm done! Now we just wait for the results." Isabella says opening the door, suddenly she bursts into tears, "wha-at are we g-going to do if it's p-posit-tive?"
"Don't worry Bella you don't know if it is or not yet." I say hugging her as she cries into my shoulder.

Mason walks by and makes it a group hug. "Should I t-tell F-f-fraser?" she asks sobbing.
"You will need to if it's positive Bel." I say gently.

Mason goes and checks the pregnancy test. "Two lines for pregnant and one line if not right?"
"Yep." I say.
"Well, come look." he says with a nervous look on his face. I go and look at the results. Two bold black lines. Bella looks and cries even harder. Except her emotions look happy, nervous, excited and sad - the wonders of pregnancy.

sophiajones: fraser come over asap!
fra.s.er: OMW!

"What are you going to do?" I ask.
"I'm so happy! Wait no I'm not." Bella says sobbing uncontrollably. This is going to be a long nine months for her. Isabella looks down at her stomach and holds her hands on her tummy, "I'm going to be a mum." she says finally.

"What are you going to tell your parents?" I ask softly, "what are you going to tell Fraser?"
"The truth. I can't lie to them."

* * *

Isabella confesses to Fraser and her parents. They have decided to support her because everyone's life is too messed up to do otherwise. I don't know what she's going to do about school but she'll figure it out when she needs to.

I take a quick bath to cool my thoughts. Mason knocks on the door and I let him in. Because I'm a mermaid in the bath it's not like he's walking in on me naked.

"I need to talk to you alone." Mason says.
"Well here we are." I reply, "shoot."
"This is kind of embarrassing but... I'm nervous for Isabella and I'm scared to be an uncle." Mason says with a sad look on his face.

I stumble out of the bath and lay on the floor in my mermaid form. "Turn around." I ask. I dry off completely and transform back into a human fully naked and quickly wrap myself into a towel, "okay you can look." Mason turns around and looks me straight in the eyes.
"I know I'm supposed to be all tough and whatever, but I'm actually super nervous about the baby that isn't even mine. Is that pathetic?" Mason asks.
"No you're allowed to feel scared. I'll get changed and we can talk more okay?"
"Yep, I'll get out and leave you to it."

Mason shuts the door behind him and I get dressed into some comfy pyjamas. Since it's almost 7pm I wanna be comfy and cozy because I plan on having an early night. I unlock the bathroom door and see Fraser, Mason and Isabella chatting in the kitchen.

"Mason lets go chat." I say. Mason nods and we walk up to his bedroom that he has reclaimed back from Susan (she is better know and doesn't need as much space). "What part of being an uncle are you scared of." I ask, relating to the conversation we had a few minutes ago.
"I don't know Soph I just am scared." he says.

I hug him and we stand there for a while in silence - just hugging. "You'll do great!" I exclaim.

Downstairs I hear Isabella and Fraser talking about the baby. Bella is worried that the baby will grow up to be like her and get pregnant so young. I'm just worried of how other people will treat her... time will tell.