Dodgeball

Next Day
            Alex's POV

  I bet he's forgiven me by now!! Today we have to go to gym.

  "Alright! Everyone today we will be playing dodgeball. John, Thomas, you two are captains. Choose your teams!" The gym teacher shouts.

  I watch as John chooses Laf, Herc, and the Schuyler Sisters. Thomas chooses Aaron, James, and Adams. That leaves two people and me. Thomas rolls his eyes and picks us.

The gym teacher blows the whistle and the game starts. John is glaring at me. He aims and I get hit in the stomach with the ball. Hard. I can't breathe. The air is knocked out of me. I collapse on the ground. Adams giggles and I start crying.

  A few minutes go by and I get back from my corner in the gym. Luckily this was only a practice round! I look over at John who's staring at me with a worried expression plastered on his face. He sees me watching and immediately looks away down to his shoes. I hit Herc on the arm with a ball. He glares at me and sits out.

  The only people left on our team is Thomas Aaron and me against John, Angelica and Laf. I throw the ball at John but he jumps outta the way just in time.

           John's POV

  I feel horrible for hitting Alex so hard.. he gets Herc out. His aim is incredible!! Uh oh.. I see the ball release from his hand in slow motion! I quickly move to the right and it zooms past my chest.

         After School

  I run straight to my room and onto my bed. I can't stop thinking about Alex. I miss him and I love him... I just wanna hug him and pepper him with kisses.

          Alex's POV

   I sprint to my bed and bury my head in my pillow. I start crying for the 2nd time today. I get up and grab my lion plushie from my closet. I sit back down on my bed and squeeze him tight. I whisper the things I'd say to john if he were right here right now. "I'm sorry I forgot. I feel horrible. I hope you'll forgive me. I miss you but, you.. you hurt me. Not only with words but you physically hurt me. I want to forgive you but I might need some convincing. I love you so much and I miss your laugh.. your kisses... your bouncy hair..." I can't talk anymore. I'm overcome with tears. I grip the plush and cry myself into a deep dreamless sleep.

           John's POV

  I wake up to the sound of tapping on my window. I roll my eyes and flip him off because I'm positive it's Herc. I look up, expecting my old friend but instead seeing "A-Alex?" I whisper. I run to the window and shut the curtains. I wasn't ready to see him.... I lay back down in my bed.

Five minutes later I get up and open the curtains. He's still there, tears brimming his eyes. I take a deep breath and open my window and pop the screen. He crawls into my room.

"W-why are you here Alexander?" He hands me an envelope. I open it and it's a card filled with his writing. He's poured his heart out to me on this little sheet of paper.

"I'm so so sorry, Alex.... I've missed you like crazy..." I confess. I stare at him with tears eyes before he jumps on me and kisses me. Eventually we pull away to breathe. "I missed you so much... I love you." He says, a tear falls from his eye. "We should skip today. Watch movies? I just wanna be with you, Alex..." I whisper.

           Alex's POV

  HE WANTS ME BACK!!! HE LOVES ME!!! I try to stay calm. "Sounds great! Let's do it!!" I snuggle into his chest. "I love you, John." I whisper. I stare at his adorable freckles. I try to count them but there are too many.. I twirl my finger in his bouncy curls. Next, I look into his beautiful eyes. They're mesmerizing... He leans his forehead against mine. I connect the tiny space between our lips for a sweet long passion filled kiss. He smiles into the kiss and runs his hands through my greasy hair.

   "I don't want to leave. Ever. I'm sorry I got so mad. I feel awful for hitting you so hard in gym." He continued ranting about how bad he felt but I cut him off. "I'm here for you now. I love you." I whisper.

   John nods but then starts crying. I hold him and rub circles on his back. "Shhhh it's okay. John I got you." I whisper softly. He nods and I grab the TV remote. We watch some sappy love movie and I start braiding his hair.

A/N IM SO SO SO SORRY OMG