Chapter 3

Hello everyone! Here's the long awaited Chapter 3!!!
***************************************************

There was smoke everywhere in the attic.

It was so thick that John couldn't see anything. He struggled to breath.

What happened? Was there a fire? What would happen if Marie came up here and saw this smoke? She would wring his neck this time for sure. He had to do something!

He tried to move, but was rendered helpless when when his back seized up with pain, and he cried out in agony.

"John?" Whispered the voice of his friend, unsure.

"Michael?" He replied, choking.

"Oh thank goodness! You're still alive! I knew there would be an explosion!" He said the last bit more to himself. "I can't see you!" He heard the floorboards creek in the far corner of the room, near the window. "I'll try to feel around to find you."

Suddenly, the smoke cleared, and he felt a heavy weight settle behind him on the bed. He could feel scalding heat radiating from whatever it was.

He didn't like it.

He tried not to move as his back erupted in pain and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Michael," he said through clenched teeth, "Please tell me that you are the one behind me."

He heard a gasp from across the room, and peeked open his left eye just a little .

"Its-its not me..." Michael said trailing off, staring at something behind him.

John then felt the weight moving, and stilled.

He opened his mouth and whispered," Michael... What's behind me?"

"I-I-I," Michael stuttered. " I don't kn-"

John stood still as the the weight behind him vanished for a second.

Then fire erupted from all around him.

He screamed as the fire swirled around him as a mysterious shape flew up into the ceiling, flapping its gigantic wings landing on one of the large beams. It was the size of a large deer, with glowing yellow eyes. The moon shone through, and illuminated its golden scales.

It let loose a mighty roar!

Fire was everywhere.

"What's going on up there?" Screamed a muffled voice that came from below. Oh no! He was in for it now!

"It's Marie! Quick! We have to get rid of it" Micheal said ,looking around for a weapon or something to use. He reached into his pocket and took out some stones he picked up at the river today. " Get out!" He said desperately, throwing whatever he could get his hand on.

Maybe talking to it would help?

He had no idea where that idea came from, but it was worth a shot.

"Come on! Come down boy!" He said, pleading. But it wasn't working .

"You've caused me enough trouble today you dumb orphan!" She said trampling up the stairs, and beating down his door. Thank the heavens he locked it.

But she would break it down eventually. 

"Do something!" Michael screamed. "I can't keep this up forever!" He was almost out of stones. Not that the stones were doing much.

"I'm trying!" He exclaimed. This would be the end of him, he thought. He'd be thrown out, and die of starvation, mistreatment and loneliness. He started to feel despair. He couldn't be alone again. He had lost so much, and wasn't ready to go back to that. He was angry. Very angry.