Chapter 3

Blue. Green. Orange. Yellow.

Abruptly, a wave of dizziness crashed on her as she handed Kenny her map. She stumbled backwards, shaking her head to try and clear her mind of the sudden fog, blinking against the foreign feeling.

What... What was that? She wasn't sure, she couldn't... It just came out of nowhere.

"Hey, are ya alright?"

Of course. The naga. He must've had something to do with it!

"Did you... Do something just then...?"

"Do something?" His eyes peeped over the paper quizzically. "Like what? Ya just had a little stumble there. Thought ya were gonna fall over!"

Well, once again, he genuinely appeared to be innocent. And to be fair, she was starved, thirsty, injured and not in good shape. She was probably just delirious.

"No... Sorry, I just..." Never mind, she thought, need to keep up this facade. Maybe if he thinks I'm an explorer, he won't mess with me in the moments we're sharing each other's company. True, I don't look like an explorer, but it's not like a naga is going to know what an explorer is supposed to look like anyways.

"Anyways, the map! See, I came in from..." Alice reached up to mark the map with her finger. Seeing that she was struggling with the height difference, Kenny curiously lowered himself to her level. "... Here! But I fell down somewhere around... Here! I lost my pencil and everything, so I haven't been able to finish it. But you can clearly see everything else is correct!"

After considering this information, Kenny turned his head towards her, his big nose almost hitting her cheek. "So you're lost?"

Alice looked him in the eyes, surprised at how close his face was.

Blue. Green. Orange. Yellow.

Another heavy dizzy spell hit her. God, had she just leaned closer to him? Shaking it off once more, she backed away. "Lost? Ha! How preposterous! I know this jungle like the back of my hand!"

"Oh?" Was he smiling? "Then I'm sure ya know that ya musta been going the wrong way to get this deep in the jungle."

She was...?

Crud.

"Okay... So I'm a little lost... But only a little bit!"

He giggled at that, rolling the map up in his hands. "You, Miss Explorer," He gently bopped her on the head with the roll, "Need someone to guide you back home. Someone who actually knows their way around the jungle."

He was right, of course, but she couldn't admit that. "No, really, I'm fine! ... B-Besides, where would I find someone like that anyways?"

"Oh that's easy." He shrugged. "I think I know someone who can help."

Score!

"But be warned," his gaze stiffened and his voice dropped many decibels lower, "though he may appear funny and nice, he's pretty mischievous and always up to no good!"

She gulped. "Take me to him. Anything to get home."

"Well, if you're sure, he's riiiiiight..." His tail slithered upwards, pointing at the now cheekily smiling naga himself, "... Here!"