Chapter Four

(UNEDITED)

Short Chapter xx 

*********

"He is an incorrigible jerk and a fucking liar. Tsk, how dare he say he left me to protect me. Protect me my ass. What a fucking joke. I will raise the fucking dead if I see his face again!" I said frustrated as I paced in front of Diana and Isaac.

After the episode at the gala, I demanded Dean take me home. He tried to talk me into speaking to Terrence again but I flipped him off and walked away. Sure some people may think I was being childish and unreasonable but how I could I face someone who tore my heart into pieces. 

"Cass, calm down ok? What did he say to you thats gotten you all so worked up and looking like a total maniac," she said as she waiting for a response. 

I stopped and faced my back to them as I played over his words in my mind. After all these years he had the audacity say those words to me. 

"I still love you cass."

I clenched my hands into fists as I was slammed with a shit amount of emotions.

 Anger. Pain. Hate.

"Cass?"

I sighed wiggling my hands from the numb feeling of when I clenched them.

"He said he still loved me."

She gasped and stood up as she gathered me in her arms. If felt like she was the older sister instead of me. She rubbed my back as I cried silently burying my head on her shoulder.

After a while I pulled away and sniffled as I wiped my nose with the back of my sleeve shaking my head.

"Anyway enough about me. Its your wedding in two weeks and you should be having fun. I will plan the craziest hens night ever this Saturday," I said with a grin.

"Not too much fun though. I wouldn't want to worry about you drinking too much and putting yourself out there to other guys," Isaac said as he stood up from the bed and wrapped his arms around his fiancé kissing the the top of her head. 

"I wouldn't dare," She said with a cheeky grin as she turned around to face him. 

I rolled my eyes and grinned as I walked towards the door, "I will leave you love birds alone. See you in the morning."

We all said our goodnights as I went straight to my room feeling emotionally drained from todays events. Never would I have thought I would see his face again and so soon too. 

"I still love you Cass"

It kept replaying in my head over in over again as I lay awake in bed. I growled in frustration trying to get his confession out of my head. 

Fuck him! 

Fuck Terrence cross for ever being a part of my life.

******

I squinted my eyes as rays of sunshine peeped through the curtain disturbing me from my sleep. Groaning, I threw the covers over my head to sink in the darkness that enveloped me. 

Before I could go back into slumber my phone started blasting on the beside table next to me. Annoyed with the noise disturbing the peace, I threw the covers off of me and grabbed my phone looking at the caller ID. 

"Hey dad, whats up?" I asked as I yawned and sat up, leaning against the headboard.

"Cassidy I wont be able to accompany you to close the deal with our business partners today."

"Well good morning to you too dad." 

He chuckled, "Sorry sweetheart. I've been swamped with work here so I wont be able to come till next week. Ive already let Diana know and she's fine with it. So I wont be there for the first week but I will definitely be there for the week of her wedding." 

I groaned and buried my face in the pillows. 

"Ok thats fine. I will get the deals sorted out this week." 

"Good. And Cassidy about the deal..."

"Yes?" I said as I sat up straight hearing my dads voice trail off.

Theres something he's not telling me. My dad never seemed hesitant when we talked business but for some reason he was acting hesitant. 

"Dad what is it?"

"You have to seal a new deal with our new business partner as well as the others." 

"Ok?" 

I frowned confused as to why he was hesitant. This was supposed to be a good thing. Even a celebration of some sort. New business partners had a great impact with our company and gave us more room to expand our locations. Our company was flying high on money right now which was great, but if we continuously bring in new clients we will expand at a amazingly fast rate. 

"Why do you sound like its not great news?" I asked curiously as I narrowed my gaze at nothing in particular. It definitely piqued my interest since my dad was usually always excited about the possibility of new clients. But now? I couldn't detect any excitement in his voice. The next words that came out of is mouth was something I was not expecting.

"You need to seal the deal with Cross Enterprise."

I froze not knowing if I heard him correctly. 

"Sweetheart, you okay? This is really important to the expansion of the company. I wouldn't have asked you if it wasn't important. But if you don't want to do it, I can seal the deal when I fly up next week."

I snapped out of my daze and shook my head. 

"No dad its fine, I can do it. I will just remain strictly professional with him." 

"Are you sure. I'm not forcing you to sweetheart, I can do it if your not up to it."

"Its fine, its just business."

When we ended the call I stared up at the ceiling gathering my thoughts in my head. I will keep it professional and nothing else...hopefully I don't go all hulk on his ass.

Terrence Cross. Looks like we will be crossing paths after all.

********

Short Chapter sorry, I will try update more :)