Chapter 20: The First Round

Hi. Just wanted to say I changed the matchups a bit for the story. Yeah. Don't hate me. ENJOY. Spoilers for episodes 40-43.

     We all went out to the stadium. We all lined up in the middle. Madoka and Kenta's friends were in the audience somewhere. The stadium spotlights were on us and the crowd cheered at us all. I was trying not to freak out too much. So I was breathing deeply to try to slow down my heart rate.

     Breathe in. 'Today, we're going to battle the Dark Nebula.'

     Breathe out.  'Today, the organization will lose or prosper.

     Breathe in. 'But no matter what happens.'

     Breathe out. 'We will give it our all to win. For everybody.'

     "Hey. Stop breathing like that. It's annoying." Kyoya snapped at me. I glared at him. "I'm nervous. I do this when I'm nervous." I stated.

     "You're nervous because you don't believe in yourself. This is why people will see you as weak." Kyoya retorted. I growled. "No, I'm nervous because for the first in months, I have to go face to face with the organization that I helped with their evil agendas." I said.

     We stopped arguing when Doji walked out on one of those rich people booths in the stadium. Doji was saying something about how memorable this day would be and how we all made it so far to get here and whatever.

     "Without further ado, let us look at the pairings that, of course, have been randomly selected." Doji gestured to the screen. "Here they are."

     There were eight total pairings. It was Gingka vs. Yu, Hyoma vs. the new dude with the barrettes in his hair, Benkei vs. Me, Kenta vs. Tetsuya, Tsubasa vs. Reiki, Teru vs. Ryutaro, Kyoya vs. Tobio, and Hikaru vs. Ryuga.

     I thought about this a bit. It was obvious that Doji paired it specifically so it's us vs. the Dark Nebula. Great. I took a look at the board. Yu and Gingka. Gingka has come a long way since that battle from before, but would it be enough?

     Hyoma and the other dude is not as predictable since I don't know how that new guy battles. Benkei and me battling should be pretty interesting. Benkei's been doing amazing as well. Kenta should win against Watarigani, but that guy may try to pull something.

     Reiki is an easy win so Tsubasa is fine. Teru is strong, but he would have no way of getting through Ryutaro's Distortion Drive. Kyoya already won against Tobio so that's predictable.

     And Ryuga with Hikaru. If Ryuga is stronger than how we saw him last time, chances aren't too good for Hikaru.

     My friends were looking at their pairings. They all realized that almost all our opponents were Dark Nebula members.

     "This is actually a chance for us to take down all of the Dark Nebula members at once!" Gingka said positively. "And in the end, we will defeat Ryuga!"

     "Alright! We'll put our strengths together!" Hyoma said.

     "And shut down the Dark Nebula for good." Tsubasa added.

     "Now we'll all move down to the order of battles." Doji's voice interrupted us. "Isn't this fun?"

     The board dimmed and lighted going clockwise. Like in those game shows. Then it stopped on Benkei and my battle pairing. "And the first battle with be B-B-B-Benkei versus (Fn)!" Blader DJ announced.

     Benkei and I looked at each other. I smiled. "May the best Blader win." I said. He nodded, smiling as well. "I will be the winner! I will battle alongside Kyoya!" Benkei declared. "Well at any rate, let's make this opening battle the best one, got it?" I told Benkei. He nodded and we high fived.