i. | HE MOVES IN SPACE WITH MINIMUM WASTE & MAXIMUM JOY.

// c h a p t e r   o n e //

Orion almost broke the steamy shot glass with her heated bare fingers, as she lowly growled with warning.

Her breath of that not from even order and hairs prickling upward off her skin fumed off signals. The orbs from the angry woman scanned the handsome man located in front of her, the bar rail keeping the two apart.

It was true that his sharp attributed face blended into a painting of awe; while words melted down off of his tongue to form into a beautiful poem. But Orion knew his heart pumped out clots of lies and trouble. And that nothing good could come of the slightest touch from this man.

"Roman...the one of romance," he had hissed at her his name with deepness. And Orion laughed, not because of his wicked charms but because perhaps her entire definition of what romance was had been false.

But she was no fool; Roman was a man of pure destruction. Orion had seen it with her eyes; the many women he had coaxed. Sometimes he chose the victims already drinking in the bar, other times he tricked them inside; Keeping their liquor of choice to a fill, and overflowing their minds with untrue prophecies.

"Orion. Such a beautiful name. It matches you," he attempted to get the attention of her eyes. "I see you working here almost every night," he continued, but she ignored him; Instead, she focused on her duties of closing the bar down for the night. She continued to put the shot glasses underneath the counter neatly. "I always wanted to ask you if you wanted to go out. Maybe to dinner...or to a movie; possibly a relaxing evening at my pl-?"

"We close in five minutes," speaking firmly, she had placed in her hand a unkempt rag and begin to wipe down the top of the bar in a circular motion. She took her emotions out on the glossed cherry wood, knowing that she would get fired if she set him straight.

His light blue eyes mimicking a violent ocean, physique of strong waves, skin of sand, and smile brighter than the sun; inflicted no joy nor relaxation upon Orion.

Roman stood firmly from his stool with a smirk. Clearing his throat, he threw back the last drink she had made for the night with ease. She watched him begin to go. Collecting both his coat and keys, all the while leaving her a nice tip; "just think about it Orion." He winked at her and with his assertive mumble he left the bar.

She went back to cleaning. Her thoughts rambling to get back in order. She had found her steady pattern of breathing and was now calm with familiarity of the night.

What gave him the rights to turn out women? Orion had asked that question every time she had viewed smiles plastered on the many females' face; and Roman's devious phrases slithering out behind his teeth. It just was not right nor fair. And the audacity of him to ask her out.

"Someone should teach him respect," she lingered on to herself, finishing the last bit of cleaning.

Calvin, her boss appeared out from his office with his wild bronze hair. Swollen bags underneath his eyes from lack of sleep worried her. He was a troubled man, and unfortunately for her his ears were the only feature sharp. Calvin could listen to the entire world if he desired and so she knew why his orbs sent by dark clouds stared at her with perplexity.

"Did that man ask you out?" leaning on the frame of the door, his British accent trailed to her.

"That boy did," she corrected, beginning the collect her belongings.

"And you said no..."

"I told him we were closing." She confirmed.

Calvin checked his ticking watch, nodding slowly like he had been unaware of what time of day it was. Backing further into his office, he disappeared inside the dark room. Before Orion could fully leave the bar behind, Calvin voice stopped her. "Will you be waiting at the fire in the morning?"

He heard her gentle smile before she replied, "Yes."

"See you there then. And about the...boy," he paused awkwardly; "...he isn't worth the slightest thought of yours."

Orion paused, as his office door finally shut closed. Calvin was right, but she had known what she had to do; and she would not just shrug it off again like she had always done in the past. It was time. And she gave no credit on the reasoning of bitter revenge; but all to sweet justice.