Claimed

Usually when Kira finds her mate, she expects him to be the one whom she chooses.

This she was unprepared.

***

I watched as the males circled around Caesar, intent on attacking him.

Normally, I wouldn't hesitate to jump headfirst and save his ape ass but now, I have a feeling I should back this out.

I caught mother's stare on me and she nodded before changing her direction to Caesar.

I almost drew out blood from biting my lip too hard as the males charged at Caesar.

Caesar hissed and I watched him disappear under the crowd.

What the heck is he doing?

All of a sudden, Caesar threw each one of them away and the others were smart enough to back away, claiming defeat.

Is he going to win?

The organ that was beating AKA my heart was pounding with fear and anticipation.

What would happen if Caesar wins?

Will this change our relationship?

Why am I even thinking about this?!

My thoughts were cut off as Caesar faced a familiar ape I had known since childhood.

Awar?!

***

Hearing Kira gasp, Caesar whipped his head around to fave her and caught her staring at the ape in front of him.

A look of recognition on her face.

Jealousy and anger burned brighter than before within him as Caesar snarled and waited for the ape in front of him in his next move.

***

I regretted ever looking at Awar with a look of recognition.

I mean, he was my childhood friend until we started to drift apart because of my daily training with uncle Giovanni.

Basically, we haven't spoken for a long time.

Caesar must have the wrong impression on us.

I squeaked and flinched back as soon as the two pounded fists against each other.

"The males really must like you"

I turned to see Adeline crawling towards me with an amused look.

"Spare me the embarrassment"

"I'm not embarrassing you, I'm just saying that males are digging human apes these days"

I suppressed a chuckle.

Awar suddenly snarled and rammed Caesar to the bark of a tree.

I gasped as Caesar wheezed when air left his lungs.

Awar turned to me and I felt intimidated to go over him and submit.

Which freaked the hell out of me!

Awar stepped forward and I stepped back. I hooted to stay away but he did not listen as his eyes darkened visibly.

I blame the spring fever.

I hooted once again to stay away when Caesar suddenly jumped on Awar's back and repeatedly pounded on him until Awar collapsed.

Caesar stopped and moved away as Awar slowly stood up and showed him his upturned palm.

Caesar immediately placed his palm on his and Awar bounded away.

No ape dared to go against Caesar this time and my eyes widen.

Caesar won!

It was then I realized something, he claimed me.

I slowly walked towards him and he looked at me with hesitation. I looked at my family and they stared at me with a calculated look.

I slowly pressed my forehead to Caesar and he leaned on me until no air separated us from each other.

The apes around us hooted for joy and I distinctively heard Ryker hoot out a "lucky ape..better take care of her.." And I grinned.

Father walked to us as did mother and uncle Giovanni. They gave a nod of approval and Caesar pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"Does this mean you guys are..mates now?"

Livius signed uncomfortably. Mother hooted and signed.

"They have yet to mate Livius but yes, I suppose you could say Caesar is courting her"

I grinned and my mind went back to the two humans I saw pressing their lips to one another.

Caesar gave me a confused look when I suddenly held his face with both of my hands.

I guess he gave a startled hoot when I pressed my lips to his.