Part 7, Part 3

"Charles, no!" Gregory gasped.

"You don't know what you're getting into." Andreas narrowed his eyes.

"I was there, okay? I know exactly what I'm getting into!" Charles glared at him.

"I lost the love of my life there. I don't want you to lose any of your friends." Andreas sighed.

"If you're so worried, come with us! Drop the books, okay?" He said.

"I can't, Charlie-"

"Don't Charlie me! You left me and Gregory alone for nine years!"

"Gregory and I." Genevieve corrected quietly.

"I'm sorry! I wanted to do what was best for you!" Andreas said in a panicky voice. Charles pushed the books off of his hands and Gregory gasped.

"Plot twist!" Screeched Genevieve. "It is a plot twist, right? That was the sound of books dropping?"

"That was the sound of books dropping." Eric nodded.

"Now move!" Charles demanded.

"I can't, okay? Nine years of the same pose takes a toll on your body."

Charles grabbed his feet and Dante held the arms. They hoisted him onto the airship.

"You need a bath. And a haircut. And a shave." Pepper commented.

When they arrived back at the camp, Andreas was given a hot bath to clean himself and loosen his muscles. Gregory shaved his face and cut his hair. He was given some new clothes by Jaden, who always carried a spare outfit, and his other soiled clothes were put in the wash. His cloak was relatively clean. Charles put it on.

"Why are you wearing that?" Mallory asked.

"So that people recognize me as the leader of the rebellion." He answered. "Soft," he commented in an afterthought.

"Let me wash it first, Mr. Leader." Mallory sighed. He passed it over and she started washing it. Everyone started changing back into their normal clothes. Mallory sighed in relief as a layered white dress slid off of her body.

"Sorry. But you were the one who didn't let me measure your waist." Gemma apologized.

"You seem pretty dang comfy in yours." Mallory grunted.

"It is comfy. I think I'll wear it." She nodded. It was a dress with scalloped layers, and it got longer towards the back. It was a clean white colour. It had a turtleneck top, and it was sleeveless.

"Andreas's able to move again." Sasha called. Andreas hobbled over to Charles and gripped his shoulders tightly.

"You can't start the revolution. I can't lose you, too." He pleaded.

"I can. And I will." Charles narrowed his eyes.

"Calm down. Let's just wait a while before we make any bad decisions." Gregory took his hand. "Let's go to the beach!"

"I don't like water." Charles groaned as he was pulled onto the airship.

***

When they touched down on the sand, Gregory squealed in delight and flopped onto the sand. He dashed into the water and floated on the waves.

"Snack." Charles said, reaching in and taking out an oyster. Marsha shucked it for him and pulled out two pearls. Twin pearls were normally around the same colour, but in this case, one was white and one was black.

"The very first oyster? Seriously?" Charles raised an eyebrow.

"Pearls are my birthstone." Marsha commented. "June 3rd."