1- Mercy

Mercy

The lanterns were glowing bright that night. She had made 3 new deals with the poor souls who had suffered long enough. In return she got a locket from a small lonely girl, a mirror from a man who wanted his wife, and a picture of woman for a man who needed some extra life. The locket shined brightly. I could tell what was more important to people, depending on the glow of the light. If it is dim, the person valued the object less, if it brightly shined the cave, then I knew that the object was a very dear thing to the person.

It was nice and calming to watch the lanterns float, and glimmer. On days where I would get mocked for being a evil witch I would come back to this cave to enjoy my lanterns. They always calmed me, and I wish I could share this feeling. But it is simply not to be.

As I flew out of sight to an old castle looking building. There was a light coming from one of the open rooms, as I went in. Going closer I saw it was a man, up against a long sheet with writing on it, but there was a cut in the fabric, along with some blood spill stained on it. The man was kneeling, with some few objects in front of him. To his side lay a very beautiful bow, and I noticed one of the objects to be a feather in front of him. A sparrow feather it looks like. I inched closer, silent as a feather falling to the ground, the man not moving. I am guessing he is mourning someone, or something. I slowly glide to the ground. My feet gently touch the wood on the floor, before I tell the man,

"I can fix it. Whatever your mourning, I can help."

He quickly grabs his bow and turns around to me. He looks suspicious, and weary. I do not worry.

"Why are you here ancient sorcerer?" He orders, his voice hushed and a little scratchy. He moves his arm in a way where it's easier to grab an arrow.

"I am here to make a deal. I can fix your life and undo your mistakes. Being your brother back." I answered firmly. He stares at me for a little bit, before shifting his stance.

"Your price?" He wonders as I hold out my hand, and a small lantern appears out of wisps of yellow glitter and smoke.

"An object that is dear to you. Anything will do." I softly answer yet another question of his. He ponders his choice, and walks over to the objects still on the floor where he sat before I spoke. He grabs the feather on the ground, and let's it fall lightly into my out stretched hand. I smile warmly.

"What is it you wish to change?"