Chapter IX

"What did you think when you did this? Or did you even think?" The happiness of me coming home didn't last long. Julia thinks I am insane which is true to some degree. We are both siting in the kitchen and she is trying to understand what and why I did this. That is at least what she is saying but I think she just wants to yell at someone. The forest was so nice and quiet. I take another sip of my water. "Darling I just needed a time-out. I wanted to get a little distance between me and the job and all the stress." "Normal people plan something like this. Announce something like this. Talk about something like this. But no not you. You just decide to make a holiday and just run away into a forest. This is not very grown up." I must smile. Grown up. What is grown up? Is live not more about being happy? "Darling, I know that this was not the most mature thing but I enjoyed it. It is kind of fun to do something like this. I had a lot of time to think about everything. I was not very happy in my job and I will change a lot about it." "Are you crazy?" Now she is screaming. This will be difficult. I take another sip of the water. "Darling, all I needed was a ..." "I know what you need!"

I have to remember the moment when Ben and I were sitting on the river and ate peanuts. I had been joking about the idea that Julia would send me to a therapist. I was right. I am now sitting on a not very comfortable armchair and this guy who thinks that something is wrong with me is sitting behind his desk. I am not crazy jet but this guy is driving me mad. Why does this office have no couch where I could lie down and tell this idiot my problems? My biggest problem is the guy that I am supposed to tell my problems.

"Your wife sends you here because she thinks that you have a burn-out." The doctor (I didn't even trouble myself remembering his name) has a clipboard in front of him and writes down something. I did not even say something what he could write down.

"I know but I think I may had one two weeks ago but I came over it and I am already back to work and I feel better than ever. If I am honest I am here just to make my wife happy not because I think you could help me or that I have a problem." The Doc starts to write something down and then looks at me. I think he is going to say something when he remembers that he forgot something or that I am a hopeless cause and he starts writing again. I didn't even say this much!

"It is often that patients deny at the beginning of the therapy that there is a problem and it is the most important step for you to realize where the problem is. This will be the first phase of the treatment." I hate this guy so much. I am not crazy. At least not in a bad sense. My therapist is writing down something don't ask me what he just likes writing.

"So, you think I have a problem. I do not really like to waste time so could you tell me what the problem is and I will accept it and I have done the first half of this." He starts to write as usually and I try to see what he is writing but he covers it with his arm. Like one of these teacher pets in school who never let you copy their homework.

"I am sorry but these are notes that I write only for me so that I can keep track of everything you say. It is contra productive to show them to you. I can't show you your problem because you are the only one who can see it." Arrogant idiot! Thinks that just because he studied medicine that he is better than everybody else.

"If only I can see the problem then how can you know that I have one because you can't see it?" Let's see how far I can go till he sends me into a mental institution. The doc (I try to remember his name but it is hopeless) writes down something before he answers.

"It is not this simple. The core of the problem is the denying. The therapy will be much easier as soon as you accept this." This guy is amazing. He can talk for ages without saying anything. He should become a politician.

"Just imagen that I have a problem but if nobody can see it then why should I worry? It is then like a volcano on mars it is there but it is no issue as nobody is affected." I just want to get home by now and I know that this here is a waste of time.

"It is not healthy to live with such a problem as this could end in depression." Come on! Just be honest that there is no problem and that you just want to keep me here because I have money which you want.

"I could go home and try to find my problem there and I promise I will come back as soon as I found it." He starts writing down something.

"I think that we will get nowhere with this approach. I can only help if you are willingly to accept help. I think you should evaluate the situation and then come back as soon as you want help."

Finally! I convinced this guy that I can go. I thank him for his "great" help and leave his office. I smile like a school boy that comes out of the office of the principle without getting detention.

It is cold and windy when I step out on the street. The warm summer days are gone and autumn starts. I walk down the street and realize that there is so much that I never saw. I was always so focused on work that I never realized the beauty around me. The person that left home to run into the forest never came back. The got lost in the woods drowned in the river and starved to dead on the raft. The guy that came back was different. A better person? Not sure. Happier than ever before? Defiantly.

DEFAINTLY!

It is done! This book is over. I know I needed moth for the last chapter but I did it. This book is a quantum jump from my last book. It has a plot and readers! More than two! Please tell me what you think about this book. And if you liked it could you please vote and tell you friends about it?

I would be so happy if someone could leave a comment here so that I can learn what I did wrong and what I did right.

Thanks for reading

Sir Simon Lebb