◊ 43 ◊

Several Months Later...

For the week of Christmas, we're all off for the exciting holiday to spend with family and close friends. Since my mother has been gone for over two years now, I don't have much immediate family left. My father returned in my life, but I didn't feel like interrupting his Christmas with his new family.

So, to make me feel better, Seth has taken me to spend Christmas with him and his family. They already knew me, of course, but it was nice already being apart of the family. They did all the traditional stuff when it came down to Christmas. The singing of the carols to drinking egg-nog out on the balcony to watching all the old Christmas movies from when our parents were kids. It was really nice.

"You two should name your daughter Caroline Christmas," Seth's mother was saying, already on her fifth glass of wine all night. She was buzzed. "Wouldn't that be cute? Because of the caroling and it just goes with Christmas."

"We get it, Mom," Seth bluntly said, laughing it off. "But we're not thinking of kids right now, though."

"Oh," she whispered, obviously very disappointed. Then, she seen Freddie run by with a plate of finger-foods. "Alrighty, then!"

She went to running after him to get ahold of the small foods while Seth and I turned our backs on them. "We're not thinking of kids right now?" I asked of him, curiously.

He smiled at me and claimed, "Well, I had to tell her that, so she wouldn't stick around to ask any more questions."

I giggled and said, "Yeah, well, we talk about it a lot." That was the truth. Ever since a few months ago, all we talk about is marriage and kids of our own one day. I don't know when we will, but I'm hoping some day soon.

"We do talk about it a lot," he recounted, nodding. "If she knew that, though, she wouldn't have left us alone."

I nodded and replied, "That's true. Very true." I sighed, then continued: "Yet, we're still not officially alone."

He nodded and claimed, "I suppose you're right." He started to lead me away by holding the small of my back. "Let's go out to the balcony... Shall we?"

"Sure," I smiled and allowed him to lead me out to the balcony. He was all slow and smooth about it. As we came out to the balcony, his random family members went inside. It was weird...

We faced out from the balcony into the colorful streets downstairs as I could faintly hear Christmas music playing from somewhere down there. It was a beautiful, with the dark sky and bright stars. It was almost the perfect night. Almost.

"This is way beautiful," I said, complimenting the sky. "Don't you think so?"

"Of course," he smiled, softly rubbing my back. "But you're way more beautiful than any sky or any star ever."

That made me giggle as I said: "No way. Nothing is more beautiful than God's work."

He smirked and sighed, "Yeah, but you're God's work and you're pretty amazing to gaze at for a while, too." I blushed, looking like a schoolgirl with a crush. "You're amazing, El."

"Thank you," I whispered, looking away for a moment.

"So, about that marriage...," Seth began to say and I felt something in my throat harden. My heart fell, yet it made me happy, though.

Before, I imagined marrying somebody like Baron. But, since being with Seth, all I see is him and our future together. It's all that I ever want to see, too. I just want to see him and me, our future children together, and our unlimited wild future with one another. Then, there'll be times where we can relax and go to the beach, not worrying about anybody else but our little family together. Lillie and Enzo will get married, have their little family together. We'll have family vacations together. It'll be perfect.