Chapter 22

(Athena)

Slowly I tried to open my heavy eyelids, but I was feeling so weak. When I did finally fully open them to see where I was, but only to see a whole bunch of nothing threw the pitch black. I couldn’t move from the spot I was laying and I was achy all over. I knew I was on a cement floor by the damp wet rock smell, and the coldness I felt from my skin touching it. I could hear droplets of water around me, and when I went to move I could hear chains. I pulled myself up to a sitting position and knew right away I was chained by my ankles.

“HELLO?” I call out knowing it would be pointless.  I know freaking out wasn’t going to help or screaming till I lose my voice. So I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths to calm my nerves and clear my head.

Cole?

Cole its Athena!

Nothing….

So I sat and waited a few more minutes making sure I stayed calm before trying again.

 Cole Its Athena please tell me you can hear me…….

(COLE)

“Damn it Alex keep trying” I yell slamming my fist down.

“Dude calm down! You’re not helping by yelling at everyone” Tias reminds me.

“I know man, but I couldn’t live with myself if anything happens to her” I tell him running my hands through my hair.

“I know Cole, and this is why you shouldn’t have gotten close to her” Tias states as he rests his hand on my shoulder.

“YOU DON’T THINK I KNOW THIS! YOU KNOW HOW HARD I’VE TRIED TO KEEP MY FEELINGS HIDDEN?” I start yelling as I felt my blood boil.

“Look guys we are not going to get anywhere if you start pointing fingers” Alex chimes in.

“Cole why don’t you go cool off in Athena’s room” Alex adds, and I didn’t have to think about it. I got in her room slamming the door behind me and walking over to her bed.  Running my hands threw my hair angrily as I let out a loud groan, then slumping on to her bed. I sat there with my head in my hands trying to calm my nerves.

Come on Cole you have to be able to hear me…..