Epilogue

"Welcome home."

Kurt slams me into the cell and I voluntarily let myself fall down onto the floor. I hear him chuckle as he slams the door shut. I barely have a chance to look around at my old, dirty cell before he begins bragging about how he turned me - us - in. 

"Too easy," he says, flashing me an evil grin and shaking the keys in front of me. "Nate?" he calls out, and sure enough, his fat brother walks into the room, glaring at me and then softening his expression at his brother. Seeing both of them together, I realize how they look alike. Except Nate is several hundred pounds fatter. And Kurt is always the better looking man.

The traitor. 

I wanted to kill him.

Maybe.

"Looks like you brought her back, bro," Nate says as he slaps the back of Kurt. "Too bad I couldn't have banged her around a few times. Lucky dog."

Kurt chuckles. "Trust me, Nate, it was the easiest thing in the world. Love can do anything you want it to do." he smiles at me warmly, one last time, and turns around and heads to the door with his brother. "We ought to go clubbing," Kurt says. "I wonder what kind of chicks are prowling around this time of the day."

"Don't think we won't stop," I find myself saying as I straighten myself.

Kurt stops. He stairs at the door, the door he is bound to exit out of, but he is listening to me. I caught his attention. Though we were "lovers", and he apparently has no feelings for me, I still know how to get through him. Strangely.

"You're back in your asylum, Wayne," Nate says, turning around and crossing his arms at me. "Your friend Damien won't be coming here anytime soon. As you already know, he's being shipped off somewhere else."

What?

I force myself to laugh. "Of course I knew that," I chuckle. "What you guys don't know is what we have planned for you." 

Nate's evil grin vanishes. "What?"

Aha, I have struck a nerve. "If Damien's escaped the asylum two times he will do it again." I say proudly. "And if he can do it, why can't I? Or Maurice? Or Saul, or Queb? We're experienced at this, Mr. Triple Chin" (HAHA!) "and we will get out of here whenever and however we please. So watch your tongue." I congratulate myself internally. Who knew I could come up with the most awesome speeches at the most awful times? I ought to - 

"She's lying," Kurt says loudly, laughing. He doesn't even turn around to look at me. "She's just saying that to make you scared, brother." he slaps Nate's chunky back. Meanwhile, Nate is glaring me after the reference of "Triple Chin" (don't remember? Refresh yourself). "There is no way she will escape. Damien's heading out of state, and so are your other little friends. So don't be fooled by her cunning words, Nate, because they're obviously lies. Dang. I guess Kurt knows his way around me as well. 

Kurt proceeds to the door and opens it, letting his brother out. He swiftly turns around and looks at me, and gives me a blank stare. I stare at him, my heart still pounding at his face, then I remember how he betrayed us. I wonder if he's going to say anything, and he does. He says:

"Looks like that Lockdown at your high school isn't going to happen anytime soon, Survivor."

And then he leaves.