Prologue: Divine Intervention

Aescerios was in a palace. An ornate, detailed palace with beautiful mosaics adoring the walls. The scenes showed Zeus fighting the titans and more of his accomplishments. Beautiful pottery stood on columns that didn't reach the roof. He took in the beauty.

His admiration of the palace was broken by a thundering boom as a tall man in a simple white robe covering his lower end. He wore a laurel crown on his head. His white hair gleamed like fresh fallen snow. His beard looked like lightning bolts were coming out of it. He himself held a lightning bolt. His eyes were blue with power. It looked as if lightning was striking inside his eye sockets. That wasn't the weirdest part about him though. He glowed. He radiated a brilliant gold light. "Aescarios." The voice was deep and rich. And commanding.

"Yes my lord?" For he immediately realized it was Zeus. Lord of the Sky and King of the Gods. "You are a mighty warrior. I need to ask a favor of you." That piqued his interest. "What favor, my lord?" The God looked at him, staring into his soul.

"Romans approach. A vast legion of elite groups of soldiers fighting for an Emperor with one thing on his mind. To conquer Greece. That cannot happen. I need you to convince your warriors to stop this advancing army and protect Greece. You must lead this army. The Emperor must be stopped. And you will stop him."