chapter 15

Emily's P.O.V.:

somehow ended up wrapping my arms around Michael's waist.

"Thank you," I said, "for everything."

"You're welcome," he said, "for everything."

And in that moment we both started to lean in.

This wasn't right. Michael had a girlfriend I can't do this to either of them.

"Uhm I think the waters boiled," I said, leaning away from Michael.

"Oh, uhm, yeah" Michael said, walking away to pour some hot chocolate.

After some hot chocolate and small talk, I decided to go home.

"I'll see you later I guess," I said.

"Yeah I'll see ya," he said.

As I walked home, I thought about everything. Ever since I was little, I've known Michael. Through all of the times I complained about never having a boyfriend, and never kissing anyone, and no one ever liking me, he was there. He was always there when I needed him. Whenever I was happy, truly happy, I was with him. Whenever I felt the real butterflies in my stomach, it's because of him. All the smiles I've had were because of him. Everything I know and do, leads back to him.

I couldn't take it anymore. I turned around and ran back to Michael's house. Was I really going to tell him how I feel about him? My mind and my heart just couldn't agree, but my legs kept moving.

As I was running to his house, I managed to trip and scrape my knee. I sat on the pavement for a minute, examining my scar. The pain that I felt in my knee, couldn't even compare to the ache in my heart. I didn't know an aching heart could be physically felt, but I was feeling it. Either that, or I had heartburn.

I got back off my butt and started to walk this time, watching for any rocks that I could trip over. When I got to Michael's house I was about to knock on the door when it opened first.

"Oh Emily, uhm, hi I was just uhm..."

Michael's P.O.V.:

Wow. I really think I'm starting to notice how much I like Emily now. I could never stand seeing her upset, and I can only be happy when she's happy. I love to hear her laugh, and I always laugh when I hear it. Her eyes always sparkle a certain way when I say her name. I can't do this anymore. I have to tell her.

I decided to run after her, I'm sure she hasn't gone far.

As I open the door I almost bump into someone.

"Oh Emily, uhm, hi I was just uhm..." I panicked, "going to check the mail.. uhm what are you doing here?"

"I uhm, fell, scraped my knee. Wanted to know if you had any band aids laying around that I could use?"

"Oh yeah, I'll go get the first aid kit, you can come in if you want to."

I'm so stupid. Why didn't I tell her.

Emily's P.O.V.:

Why didn't I tell him?

--------------------------------------------

A/N: if Michael Clifford was my friend and just so happened to like me I would probably faint and cry at the same time

follow me on twitta doe and tweet me if you're reading this ayeee

twitter: glumichael