CH. 7 DEMONS AND ANGELS

"Have a fun time at the bar?" asked Melissa as she kept flipping channels on the TV.

"Yea spectacular," said Dean. "You should have come with us."

"I don't drink," said Melissa standing up to stretch. "Well there is absolutely nothing on TV. Agh," Melissa howled in pain. She felt like her head was on fire as she fell to the ground. Sam and Dean ran over to help her up. They were shouting her name, but it was all a blur as she just saw a girl named Anna in a mental hospital. She could see everything until Anna had ran out the front door. Melissa returned to normal and just looked at Sam and Dean. She stood up for a minute, kind of wobbly and grabbed the wall behind her.

"What the hell was that?" asked Dean.

"It looked like you were having a vision," said Sam.

"I think I was. But it was weird, like it happened in the past, not like the usual ones of the future. I haven't witnessed anything like that unless I touched an object that had history to it." Melissa walked over to her computer.

"What are you doing?" asked Sam.

"Looking to see if anything is going on," replied Melissa bringing up newspaper articles. The boys watched her suspiciously. "There." Melissa pointed to the page that was talking about Anna. "Anna was claiming that the world was going to end and she got the front page for that, also she was taken to a mental hospital, but the vision I had was that a demon was trying to get her and she escaped."

"Still think Ruby was lying?" Sam asked Dean.

"Ruby?" asked Melissa.

"Yea Sam's demon girlfriend," said Dean.

"Well you don't sound too happy about it," said Melissa. Dean didn't answer. "Huh, at least he's got a girl after Jess."

Sam made a hurt look. "Yea well Ruby has done a lot for me."

"Yea I'm sure," retorted Dean.

"Whoa hey, none of that ok Dean. Sometimes a little trust in someone helps," said Melissa thinking about Damian.

"What are you saying that it's ok to trust demons now?!"

"Sure why not? If they're helping you out, why not trust them?"

"Because they're demons and they're scandalous!"

"I'm scandalous too, yet you still trust me, well sometimes."

"Yea well sometimes we have no choice but to," Dean said venomously.

"Yup cause I got the powers that you need to use right?"

"Yea when they work," he snorted.

Melissa glared at him as she stood up. "I don't have to be here you know! I can leave whenever I want to and let you boys get yourselves killed, but I don't because unlike the cold heartless creature you think I am, I actually give a fuck about humans!" They stood nose to nose neither one backing down both starring daggers at each other.

"Yea well at least I actually am human and I fight for our side!"

"No you just want to die for your side," spit Melissa. "You don't fight; you're a coward, Dean. You went to hell why, to save Sam?! Please that's the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard! You figured if you died, you wouldn't have to deal with any more of this crap that's going on, well too bad! Now you're in the middle of it!"

Sam stepped between them pushing them both back. "Ok that's enough! You two need to stop fighting all the time. I'm sick of it! So can you please just stop?"