~10~

Kaito's P.O.V

I wake to the feeling of a hand pushing me slightly, peeling my eyes open I look and see ash impatiently pushing my arm "oh you woke up good" she said in a rushed voice, getting off the bed and grabbing my phone, throwing it over to me, I catch it lazily "Someone texted you" she said before walking out of the room, I sat up and opened my phone, seeing that it was gray, smiling softly I unlocked my phone and sent a reply

Me: Hello.
Read at 7:24am

Gray🖤: Oh hi, uhm... do you wanna come over so we can finish the project.. and maybe hang out a bit?

Me: Absolutely, just let me get ready..
Read at 7:26am

Gray🖤: Alright.

I smile widely and lock my phone, standing up and running out of the room, ash looked at me curiously "where are you going?" She asks, I look at her "home, I have to get changed and shit" I muttered, since her and gray know each other I really didn't want her questioning me right now "okay, I'll talk to you later" she hugged me and then went off to the kitchen, I slipped my boots on and exited the house, beginning to walk to my house.

A few minutes later I got to my house, no one was home so I went in through the front door, immediately going to my room and changing into more presentable clothing, white jeans, a black oversized sweater, and a black beanie, I looked at my appearance and nodded lightly, grabbing my backpack and pulling it over my shoulder, and slipping my phone into my pocket, walking down the stairs and out the front door, and walking over to gray's house, when I get there I knock on the front door lightly, it instantly being answered by the one and only gray, he smiles warmly "I totally wasn't waiting by the door or anything" he says while letting out a little laugh, I smile widely and laugh back, 'he was actually looking forward to seeing me', he pulls me inside and shuts the front door, blushing a little at the contact I slowly slip my boots off, "let's go to my room" he says, his voice cracking a little, I notice a faint blush on his face, but I shrug it off and nod at him, following him upstairs to his room, as we walk in he sits on his bed, grabbing the things we need to finish the project, I hesitantly sit next to him on the bed, slipping my backpack off my shoulder and unzipping it, pulling out my stuff, I catch him staring at me, he looks down and away, beginning to work on the project, after this school will be out for summer, which I'm very happy about, I also start on the project.

Two hours of working on the project and we finish, gray puts it all in one folder and puts it on his nightstand, before looking at me, we make eye contact for a moment before we both look away, a blush going over my cheeks, I bite my lip, "So.. we should get to know each other a little better if we're going to be friends..." gray says hesitantly, I look at him "okay... uh... we could ask each other questions?" I ask in a small voice, he looks at me and nods enthusiastically, a smile on his face, I shake my head with a small smile on my lips "okay you ask first" I say, he looks at me directly "what's your full name? I've never heard anyone say it" he asks curiously, I let out a small laugh "Kaito Augustine Robin" I say slowly "that's... the most amazing name I've ever heard" he says with wide eyes, I blush a little "thanks, now you tell me yours", "Gray Koda Fox" he responds quickly, "that's a really nice name, uhm, what's your sexuality" I ask daringly, his eyes go wide, he coughs and looks at me "I'm 999.99% gay" he says before bursting out in laughter at himself, my eyes widen but I laugh along with him quite loudly, "well- I can say the same" I choke out between laughs, he looks at me and smiles, the laughing dying out "what's the worst thing you've done in your life?" He asks "I've drank a whole bottle of vodka because I was dared to... yeah uhm that's definitely the worst decision I've ever made in my life" he shakes his head at me "worst thing I've done is throw a massive party and then get in trouble because peer pressure" he says while laughing quietly, I look at him and shake my head, "this is really boring of me but what's your zodiac sign?" I ask before Laughing at myself a little "I'm a Scorpio" he says hesitantly, like I'm going to judge him because of it "I'm a cancer" I say laughing slightly, he looks at me, the questions continue for a few hours.

The questions stop when I notice how late it is, I look down knowing I need to go home, I feel tears pricking my eyes because I know what's going to happen when I come home, I've been gone for a day and now I'm going to be late because I lost track of time, that's almost 15 cuts from my dad, I didn't notice the tears streaming down my cheeks until gray lifted my head up, making me look at him, concern clear in his eyes "hey.. you okay?" He asks worriedly, I look directly into his eyes "yeah... sorry I just, I've been holding in my tears for a day and that's... it's been to much" I stutter out through sobs, he doesn't even think before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into his lap, hugging me tightly, my eyes widen a bit before I wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him back just as tightly, continuing to sob lightly into his shoulder, his hand rubbing my back comfortingly while I let all my sadness out, I've never had someone comfort me like this ever before, I eventually stopped crying and pulled away from him, staring into his eyes for a moment, my cheeks still damp with tears, I go to look away but before I can I feel a hand being placed on my cheek, my eyes widen and I look at him, blushing like crazy, he quickly glances at my lips before making eye contact with me again, I bite my lip harshly, 'is he about to kiss me..' I think, before I can even begin to understand what's happening his lips are on mine, my eyes widen for a moment before I close my eyes and kiss back softly, I move my hands to the back of his head, tangling my fingers into his hair, the kiss lasts a few more seconds before we both pull away, silence filling the room, the only sound being our soft breathing, we just stare at each other for a couple minutes before gray finally breaks the silence "I think I might be in love with you... I mean that would make sense considering I've had a massive crush on you for the past two years..." he says softly, I bite my lip again before responding "I think I feel the same..." I say quietly, he smiles lightly and gives me a quick kiss, I smile back warmly, getting off his lap and standing up off the bed "I should be heading home now... I'll text you later?" I turn and look at him, he gets up and stands right in front of me, nodding slowly, I pack all my stuff away and throw my backpack over my shoulder, we walk out of his room and down the stairs together, I pull on my boots and turn to look up at him, he puts a hand on my waist and kisses me softly, I kiss back and he pulls away, I smile and walk to the door "bye gray..." "bye Kaito" he responded, I opened the door and walked out, closing the door behind me, a smile and a faint blush on my cheeks, I head home.

The second I open the door to my house, a hand is already dragging me down to the basement, tears already stinging my eyes, my father doesn't even say anything while he pushes me into the chair and pulls up my sleeve on the opposite arm, the one that has no cuts on it, he grabs a knife this time, it's obviously very dull, I let out a choked sob as the knife starts dragging across my skin, 10 cuts for being gone for a day, 5 for being late home, the cuts are fast and painful, my bag dropping off my shoulder onto the cold floor of the basement, the cuts end and he just glares at me with anger and disgust in his eyes, blood flowing down my arm, I quickly stand up and grab my bag, running up the stairs, blood dripping off my hand and arm along the way, I run upstairs and into my bathroom, slamming the door and locking it, I drop my bag and groan out in pain, a few stray tears dripping off my chin, I start the sink water and quickly run my arm under it, blood staining the water, inhaling deeply and stopping the water, patting my arm dry before putting some disinfectant on my cuts, since the knife was dirty, the disinfectant stinging badly, I grab another ace bandage and wrap it around my arm, then covering my arm with my sleeve, I look in the mirror for a second, before storming out of the bathroom, pain shooting through my arm, I wince slightly and go into my room, changing into some comfortable clothes and slipping under the covers on my bed, I stay like that for a few minutes before standing up and grabbing my laptop, putting some earbuds in and playing some music while I draw a little, and that's how I spend the rest of my night.