Chapter 1

Hey guys - this is new to me. I hope you enjoy the story and characters! Love from rainy England :-)

**********************************

Gregor POV

'Where the hell is she?' I thought to myself. 'That girl needs to learn some respect, being late...'

I take myself up the stairs to her room in the attic and open the door, there she is crying, again!

"Get up!" I growl to her. Seeing her shock register across her face was priceless. "I do not appreciate being kept waiting. Especially by a child! Get up, clean yourself up and come to the library. 5 minutes, do NOT keep me waiting any longer!"

With that said I turned on my heel and descended the stairs.

Clarissa POV

I sat daydreaming about my family with my beautiful mother, strong father and handsome big brother. The perfect family *sigh* ‘That’s what I used to have’ I thought to myself, letting memories of my childhood engulf me but they were from so long ago that only snippets remained. Pain wracked my chest as the sobs escaped tearing at my already fragile heart.

'Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!' I thought to myself as I saw The Master stood in the doorway. I tried to hide my tears and red puffy eyes but I know he saw... I didn't want him to see me weak.

I hurriedly washed and got dressed in my normal grey trousers and black tee-shirt. The master had found me, in the ruin which was once my home surrounded by my family. My dead family. They had been murdered. I don't know by who or why. The looters came, they took everything of value both monetary and sentiment. He found me there and the master consoled me, made me trust him... The bastard! He bought me to this place where I have not been outside in over 3 years.

I rushed down the stairs and stopped short of running into the library door. I steadied myself and knocked.

"Enter" came his voice from the other side.

The masters’ library was wall to wall with books; some were ancient texts and were in a language unknown to me.

I was allowed twice a week to sit and read for an hour, it was the only pleasure I had. This was my hour.

The master looked up at me and nodded his head. The approval for me to select a book and read out loud to him. I do not know why he had me read aloud to him and it was somewhat bothersome as I couldn't read a romance as the intimate scenes always made me blush.

I selected an old looking text book. 'This will teach him, I'll read this boring book to him. Monotone. Maybe he will just get bored and go away...'

I sat on one of the plush comfy chairs and began to read "and so it began, the Old ones waged war on the Mystics. This was a long battle, filled with death and misery for both sides"

I stopped to look at the master and gauge his reaction to my choice.

He looked at me and nodded to continue. 'Damn him!'

I continued reading, almost putting myself into a comatose state. This book made no sense to me, talking of immortal beings and a race of people with extraordinary abilities.

Gregor POV

I watched Clarissa walk into the room and walk purposefully to the shelves surrounding the room. Each wall was covered. No light filtered through the windows as there weren't any. This room is purpose built underground as is most of the house.

'One of the benefits of amassing a small fortune over my lifetime. I can have anything I want' as I was thinking this I heard Clarissa begin to read and had to chuckle internally 'the silly girl believes this will bore me. Little does she know that this book is the history of my race. I am one of the few remaining original Old Ones.'