Chapter 18: My Strife

Luke coughs and wheezes. "Nicole... I told you...to stay back."

I clinch my fist with fury. "You protected me Luke and look where it got you." I whimper and tears fall down my face. I turn to Luke's direction. "I was so...worried that you would die!"

"Luke meets my eyes with concern. "Nicole-"

"I'm not going to let you keep busting your ass every time you try to protect me! For once, I want to protect you!"

Luke grips on his abdomen. "Nicole!" Luke slowly returns back on his feet and wobbles a bit. Luke groans. "Please!" Luke groans once more. "Don't!"

Luke repeatedly calls out my name but I ignore as I walk towards Elias. Elias spots me coming to his direction and stands up.

"Ahhh I see you have magic Nicole," Elias says grinning at me. 

Nicole can use magic?! Luke thought. Is she really that  powerful to defeat Elias?!

"I'm gonna take you down Elias!" I say pointing at his direction.

Elias laughs. "Don't get to confident princess. You may be the Chosen One but you don't stand a chance against me. Ha! Let me guess. This is your first time using magic."

I shrug at his response. It's true, I thought. I barely know how to use my magic. I don't even know what I'm capable of. I run to Elias's direction. But I won't let Luke do all of the work. And I won't hesitate.

I try to strike Eli with my fist again but Elias dodges it enough for me to miss. Elias swings behind me.

Elias chuckles and whispers in my ear. "Too slow, princess." I whip around and Elias kicks me into the snow. I struggle to stand myself up and Elias takes one step closer to me. 

"Ahhh, I didn't expect this from the Chosen One," Elias says smiling. "And if I'm not mistaken, you are capable of stopping me from casting the Frozen Earth spell." Elias places his thumb and index finger on his chin and looks up. "But it comes to show that you are weaker than I thought you were."

"Ice Wrecking Balls!" Elias shouts as both of his hands change into wrecking balls made of ice. The blonde haired saint swings both of the heavy wrecking balls towards my direction.

I can't move, I thought as I begin to tremble. These powerful wrecking balls can make a huge impact on me and kill me if I don't defend myself. The wrecking balls come towards me and I let out a brief but high pitch scream at the two wrecking balls. In a blink of an eye, the wrecking balls shatter into tiny, small ice fragments. 

"Woah," I say gazing at the fragments.

Elias's jaw drops and he's dumbfounded for a couple of seconds. Luke and Kiara are in the same state as well.

Elias looks at me with fury. "WHAAAT?!"

Luke shoots a cocky grin. With her magic taking out his, he doesn't stand a chance, he thought.

Kiara smiles. She cancelled Elias's attack by using her voice, she thought. That's incredible.

I smirk at Elias. "Not so weak after all, am I?"

Elias's left eye twitches as he stares at me with disbelief.

I put two fingers up and smile while doing a cheerleading pose. "Score! Nicole 2, popsicle zero!"

"You didn't even block my attacks twice!" Elias yells. "And I'm not a popsicle!"

I laugh. "Let's see how much butt I can kick!"

"Ice Reformed!" Elias yells, lifting up his sleeves. Elias's eyes glow blue and two matching tattoos show up on his left and right arm. Ice particles begin to swarm around him. 

Kiara gazes at Elias with fear. "This...magic power.'

Damnit! His magic power is increasing! Luke thought while staring at Elias with anger. But at this rate, I can't stop him. If I don't act fast Nicole is as good as dead!

"I'm gonna wipe that pretty smile off your face!" Elias yells while walking towards me with rage.

Well in this chapter EVERYTHING JUST GOT REAL. So you can comment on what you think about the chapter or any part of the story. You are more than welcome to vote and you can ask questions about myself.

Thanks for reading my fellow readers and thank you for your great support!!