New Life

I was born on a small island populated with hundreds of people and nature.

People from every corner, trees from every area yours eyes lands on. A beautiful place that I love and grew up on. Filled  with so much to wonder and adventure.

That place was the Philippines.

A small island fitting hundreds. Like most people I had a hard life as well.. we barely had enough money to feed the family .

But life brought me good luck when my mother came back for me, or so I thought. Not long later did she brought me into a whole new world.

A world with a language I could not understand. People with colors and different style.

Although I was still very young to understand this new world. But I remembered feeling out of place.
Everyone spoke an unfamiliar language that I find myself baffled by it.

Over time I grew accustomed to this new world. But not without finding obstacles along the way.

Learning new traditions,

New Feelings 

and 

New manning of life. 

New items that I've never before laid eyes on bewildered my young self.

But with the help of teachers and family, it had helped me improve to become like everyone else.

Like everyone who could understand one another.

Even though it was very difficult to learn new things, I had still enjoyed it.

Finding new things to learn everyday.

Yes it was difficult, difficult to understand and comprehend. But with time I soon find myself speaking the language I was unknown to. Soon I find myself lost in the new world but in way that felt good.

Trying out many different things like food, clothes, etc.

At first it was overwhelming but in due time I had become like them.

^°^

Spending two to three years in an English second language (ESL) program helped me become accustomed to this new world. Spending time with my new surrounding changed me and shaped me into who I am today and who I will become in the future.

Thinking the first time to my old self now do realize how lucky I was for having a better life. For given an opportunity to change my life for the better. Even though I left most of family back home I know they are happy for me for receiving a better life.

A life that I could grow to and help them in the future.

At first I thought this new world would be nothing to my liking but more and more do I feel like this new world, the United States has become my second home.

I've spent years here, learning and adapting, taking in unfamiliar things and finding my way to a successful life. Finding new things to learn.

Still today do I keep on building my future. Building my life to success with the help of those around me.

My accustoming to this new world was and is my greatest success in life.

Without the strength to carry on learning and not giving up at times of difficulties do I dare to say that change is good, and change is my success.