Family;)

The word hope means a feeling of expectation for a particular thing to happen.

My name is Hope Dominic. I don't think my parent's would describe me as a person who would give them a feeling of expectation for a particular thing to happen. It's only because I dropped out of school at 15. It's been 2 years since I left school. Staying in my bedroom, sleeping all day was the best thing I had ever done.

I'm a shy person but when it comes to Jeremiah and Kate, I'm so loud. They're the only people I can be confident around. They go to college, my mum is always telling me to apply for one but I never listen.

" Hope, play hide and seek with me" I swear my little sister, Harmony, only speaks to me when she wants something.

" No I'm busy" that's probably a word that would never be in my vocabulary because I'm never busy.

I don't talk to Hudson, my brother, and Harmony everyday but I adore the socks off them kids. I wouldn't change them for anything. Not even that £25 jacket in Primark. I love them.

" Hope, come down and speak to your dad." My dad will always be the better parent even though I don't live with him. My mum kicked my dad out of the house probably about 4 months ago because he got too drunk too many times. He tried to smash the kitchen windows. It was quite funny but my mum was furious. I do appreciate my mum letting us still see our dad, she still loves him its obvious. She just couldn't put up with his intoxicatated actions.

My mum is no saint.

She hits me, Harmony and Hudson for literally no reason. Harmony is 4 years old and my mum hit her for climbing onto the kitchen table. She's 4, she's going to be adventurous. Hudson came home 5 minutes late from football training and he's 15. Should he really have to be back for 7? She hit me for not washing up my plate so I hit the her back. Then she beat the crap out of me.

Guess who's got 3 plates and a bowl in her room, but guess who's ordered some boxing gloves from Amazon.

I guess I better go see what my dad wants.

As I'm walking down the stairs, I can hear Harmony and Hudson crying. I can clearly hear my mum balling down the place, now I'm really curious.

I walk into the living room, waiting for someone to spill the beans.

As the words slip out of my mum's mouth, my heart falls out of my arse.