6- One thing after another

"Where did you last put it?" Rin asks

"I remember having it before the fight but I didn't have it after. It must be there"

"Breaking into the school can get us in trouble.. but when did that ever stop me" Rin says

~

We broke into the arena and I ran to the spot

"I was standing right here before the cage fell on me" I said

"Izumi.... hmm... she switched my position and pushed me over here when she dropped the cage. I don't see my sword"

"Maybe someone picked it up" Rin says

"Maybe" I agreed

My flames light up, shocking me.

"Oh no, this is going to be a problem. Rin what do I do?"

He stood blankly.

"You need to take better care of your sword. You can't have other people seeing you like this"

The lights turn on in the arena.

Rin grabs me and runs out of sight.

"We can't be caught, we'll look another day"

~

The next day at school there was a lot of talk about something being stolen from campus last night.

"You didn't take anything last night right?" Rin whispers

"No nothing, you dragged me out of there"

"Well rumor has it.. you stole an item"

"WHAT"

"Shh, I'm sure it's a misunderstanding. We will talk to Mephisto immediately"

We get to Mephistos office and Izumo was standing next to him.

"Ah just the person I wanted to see."

"What's going on?"

"You tell me Ms.L/n... I hear you stole an artifact used to increase sword power."

"What? Where is all of this coming from? I can't even find my sword so why would I steal that?"

"It would make even more sense. You don't need a sword to use this artifact. It still gives you strength either way. We also have a witness."

"Who.. her? She's a liar. She probably has my sword too"

"I do not tolerate accusation"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW"

"You need to bring me back what you stole or else you're kicked out of my academy."

I storm out leaving Rin behind.

Why is everything so screwed up right now?

Once I got home I paced my bedroom.

Walking back and worth I thought about everything that has happened now.

First, Yukio tells me students have gone missing and these guys tried kidnapping me the night of the fair.

Then Rin isn't actually dating Izumo anymore but they're still kind of together...? They're so confusing ugh

Now my sword is gone and Izumo is telling Mephisto that I stole the strength artifact.

Maybe I should've just stayed back home, I'm making things so difficult here.

I start packing up my things.

Yukio walks in.

"Where are you going?"

"Back home, either with my sword or without. I don't care anymore. I'm causing too much problems being here" I say

"You need to stop running away from your troubles Y/N.. it won't solve anything"

"Just because you're my cram school teacher doesn't give you the right to boss me around like an adult. You're not superior to me, we're the same age." I say storming out of my room and down the stairs.

"I'm leaving Yukio and you can't stop me"

(A/n- so so sorry for a really long delay. I'm glad Irma didn't cut my power yet so I managed to finish this chapter. Once I publish this I'm gonna start the next chapter and it should be uploaded tomorrow if not tonight)