Chapter 4 | Just the Two of Us

I got A REALLY NICE COMMENT WITH GREAT FEEDBACK SO I STARTED THIS CHAPTER ON SATURDAY--

Here WE GO!

Kyle's POV

~~~~~~~~

"Kyle... wake up," A voice said. I opened my eyes, light shining in my eyes. I feel more tired than before... maybe I shouldn't fell asleep. For a second I thought I was at home, in my room, but nope. Everything came rushing back to me as I fully sat up, Mysterion still allowing me to lay on him. I put my head back down on his shoulder, looking at the sunrise in front of me

"Are you always out here at this time? Watching this..." I asked, still drowsy. He looked at me and stood up, taking me with him. He looked back, shielding his eyes from the rays of sun that can blind people if stared at for too long.

"Yeah, mostly. We might want to start heading back. Don't you have school?" He asked me, walking forwards until he was at the place where the hill started to go downwards. I followed him, standing next to him once more. He seemed to move a little closer to me, but not by much. Plus I didn't really mind.

"You're right. I do have school... but I don't want to go down just yet," I replied, sitting down. I could feel my pants getting wet from the snow beneath us, but I didn't mind. As long as I was with him. But it got a little too cold, and I jumped up, startling the hero just a little bit.

"You got scaaaaared!" I teased, only to be playfully pushed over a little bit. He looked a little red, and it was... kinda adorable in a way.

"I did not get scared!" He announced, obviously lying. From what I've seen him do, I thought a little scare wouldn't affect him. Haha, guess I was wrong. He was facing away from me, not noticing I was walking away back to town. I mean, I gotta get to school and tell everyone about this! Even though they won't listen to me...

"HEY! WAIT UP!" He shouted from behind me, running down the hill. Took him long enough, but he shouldn't be running down the hill. It's pretty stee-

"AGHHHHHHH!" He yelled, tumbling down the snow covered hill. He was coming right towards me, but I dodged him pretty easily, looking at him as he finally stopped himself. By this time, I was literally dying of laughter. Just laughing so hard. I didn't mean to laugh at him and be mean, it was just because it was funny!

"I-I'm SORRY!" I managed to stutter out, calming myself down. He glared at me but soon laughed along also. See, this is why we can get along so well. Even though we've known each other for a short amount of time, I feel like we have a connection somehow. Like we knew each other. Somehow...

"It's fine. My mistake for deciding it was a good idea to run down a hill with a cape," He responded, getting up and grabbing my hand. I held his back, and off we went, walking down the hill. We had yet another comfortable silence as we snuck around town, making sure no one saw two kids walking around together, one being the masked hero of the town. I looked over at him while we were walking down the street to my house, seeing something different than what was there last night.

"What are those scratch marks on your face?" I asked, noticing some dried up blood. I couldn't see it before since it was on the other side of his face, but now it's a little noticeable. We stopped walking and turned to face each other. We were a little close... a little closer than we should've been.

"Do you know who The Coon is?" He asked me, a serious look on his face. yeah, he usually does have one on, but this one was a little different. Sort of worried, but still serious. Of course, I knew who he was. He was a villain trying to hurt Mysterion and anyone who gets in his way!

"Of course I do," I firmly responded, looking directly into his eyes. His eyes looked like a really pretty dark blue, but that could've been from the shadow of his hood. I'll just assume they're blue, not light or dark.

"Well, he did this to me. You were sleeping though. He said he'll try to see who did it during sch- later..." He said to me. Was he about to say 'during school'? So does he go to my school? I mean, by his age, I guess so. Maybe he's in my grade! That would be cool! Snapping back into reality and focusing on what he said, I responded with a simple nod.

"Get going now. You don't wanna be late. Or be caught going into your room," He told me, running back the way we came. I couldn't help but stare at him, running down the sidewalk. Waving, knowing he wouldn't see from this far away, I walked inside, no one home. Even Ike went to the party, and he wasn't bad yet. Hope he's safe...

"Damn... it's already 7:20 AM. How long was I out?" I asked myself out loud, making some coffee. I don't usually drink coffee, but I'm gonna need it to make it through today. Putting a crap ton of sugar and stuff like that into the cup, I drank it. It was disgusting, but I had to. While standing at the counter, I replayed last nights events in my head, everything still crystal clear.

Mysterion... he was awesome and my top idol. I always wanted to be a hero, but I could never top him. The news always had a story on him, but he never revealed himself to the public. One day, I hope to know who he is... and maybe the world will know who this amazing guy is.

I want to find out everything about him. Everything...

I am his number one fan, after all. He maybe knew that and that's why he came to me. Me...

Just the two of us...

~~~~~~~~