Hunter Training

Outside POV:

Stiles was woken up at the crack of dawn every day. Bobby said he had to get dressed and to go for 2 laps around his property.

"Ughhh. It's too early for this." Stiles grumbled and flailed about on the bed a bit.

But he pulled himself out of bed and got ready. Stiles came downstairs to see Bobby drinking coffee. He wanted some so bad.

"Go, do your laps. I'll make breakfast." Bobby said, taking another long sip.

Stiles gave him a look that said, this wasn't fair. He groaned but went outside anyway. It was still sorta cold since it was so early in the morning. But the cool air woke him up this morning, so it was okay.

The first bit was okay. Lap one was going well. He ran a lot in lacrosse practice, and he ran from plenty of monsters as well. But man, Bobby's property huge. He was out of breath when he went around twice. And he felt like throwing up by the third time around. He walked back inside sweating and all in all dying. He went around an extra lap every new day, but he was dying inside.

"Did you have a good run?" Bobby asked, but then looked at Stiles.

"Was that too much?" Bobby asked.

Stiles Let out a long hard breath.

"Yeah, a bit too much. Your property is massive." Stiles said while still trying to catch his breath.

"Sorry. But come on, let's eat." Bobby said.

Stiles sat down with some water and drank the whole bottle in one go. Taking a few deep breaths after.

"Slow down; you're gonna throw up. Eat slowly." Bobby said, slightly scolding, cause Stiles threw up on the second day and the third day doing exactly this. Stiles sighed and ate slowly.

"So, Bobby, what are we doing today?" Stiles asked curiously.

Bobby looked at him and stated, "Let's take a look at your jeep."

Huh, Stiles thought, he was all for fixing his jeep, but he wanted to learn stuff.

"Uh, why?" Stiles asked Bobby.

"I'll be teaching for two months straight about the supernatural. But we'll have a few days where we will do mundane things for my benefit." Bobby explained.

"Okay," Stiles answered.

It made sense to Stiles, so he smiled and ate some more.

After the food, they cleaned up and headed outside to look at Stiles' car.

"She's been through a lot recently. But I don't have a job, and my dad deals with enough by himself. So I've been fixing her myself. But as you can see, I'm not good with cars." Stiles says as he opens the hood to reveal so much duct tape.

Bobby glared at the mess in front of him.

"Duct tape doesn't solve all problems, Stiles," Bobby said as he looked at frowning some more.

"I wish it did," Stiles says quietly.

This will take a while.

"I should have enough spare parts to fix it up," Bobby said after inspecting the car a bit.

"Really? Thanks." Stiles smiled.

While they worked, Stiles tried to pick something up, and he fell and moaned loudly as a pipe fell on his leg. Bobby rushed over, thinking he was hurt, but the pipe that fell on him wasn't heavy enough to hurt even if it fell on him unless he was hurt beforehand.

Bobby decided to ask the questions he wanted to ask from day one. He asked about the bruises, and he wanted to see his leg. Stiles confessed the leg injury happened during the Wendigo fight. He showed him the slowly healing large claw mark. 

Stiles reassured him he was fine; it was just sore. Bobby grabbed some frozen veggies from the freezer and made him hold it on his leg anyway; he said so it didn't swell. As he was slowly dismantling the duck tape, Bobby asked again.

Stiles was hesitant to say anything. He really didn't have anything bad to say about Bobby as a hunter; it's just he didn't really want to mention what happened. He just simplified it as someone beat him up, and it was nothing to worry about. 

He swore to Bobby he was fine now and that they should just drop it. It's not like talking about it would've done anything anyway. Silently Bobby to himself said if he found out who did it, he would have a word with him hunter style.

Bobby decided to stop talking about it and just continue talking about mundane things and taught him a little bit more about hunting and teaching Stiles more stuff in general. 

Once the ice on his leg melted, Bobby showed him exactly where the car parts needed to be replaced and what needed to be totally overhauled because some of the stuff was damaged beyond repair.

After that, once Bobby made sure Stiles' leg was okay, he showed Stiles a few ways to defend himself. He told him the basic hunter-styles self-defense, which was normal self-defense but a hell of a lot more complicated and painful to learn.

And that basically took the rest of the day. It was a long enjoyable but hard-working day. Stiles felt accomplished, and rightly so, he learned a lot that day, and throughout the whole summer, he learned tons.