Chapter 4

(Y/N) POV

I was abruptly awoken by my stupid alarm clock buzzing. I slammed my fist down on it in attempt to turn it off, which actually worked. I lazily pulled my arm back into bed and snuggled into my warm blankets. As soon as I drifted back to sleep, my phone started to buzz. I groaned and sat up to look at my phone. I saw that it was Noctis’ number. I was shocked, and fumbled to answer the call.

“H-hello?” I asked with a scratchy voice. I cleared my throat.

“Hey, where are you at right now?”

“In my bed, why?”

“I thought we were going to meet today, lazy!”

“Oh, I-I’m sorry!” I yelled and quickly jumped out of bed, but my blankets were twisted around my legs and I fell to the floor.

“A-are you okay??” Noctis yelled through the phone.

“Y-yeah. I’m fine.” I said, my voice muffled by the floor. I got myself untangled and went to my drawers to get some clothes out.

“Do you want me to come pick you up?” he asked.

“N-no, I’m fine. I can walk.”

“Are you sure?” he asked.

“Yes I’m fine!”

“Okay, I’ll see you in a little bit!”

“Okay!” Noctis was silent for a second.

“Noct, are you going to hang up, or do you want me to?” I asked, curious as to why he was just standing there not speaking.

“Ah! Sorry, just thinking about something. I love you, bye!” he said.

“L-love you too…” I said with a small smile on my red face. The phone beeped, signaling me that Noctis had just hung up.

Wait a second. How did his number get in my phone?? He must’ve done it last night when I went to get us drinks.

I quickly got changed into something casual, yet formal, if you know what I mean. I picked out a pastel pink tank-top with lace at the hem, and some denim shorts and white sandals. It was late summer, so it wasn’t too hot, but warm enough that you would want to wear some light clothing. I quickly grabbed my book bag and went downstairs.

“I’ll be back in a little while!” I called out, again, to no one in particular. I went outside and took a deep breath. The morning air always smells so good to me. I briskly walked down the street and came to the crosswalk. I didn’t see Noctis anywhere though. I pulled out my phone and started looking for his contact. Then a pair of arms wrapped around me and hugged me tight. I squealed and quickly turned around to see Noctis.

“Y-you scared me!” I said, and punched him in the arm. He quickly kissed me and I blushed, which made him smile.

“I like it when you get embarrassed like that.” He stated. I blushed harder and he chuckled. He wrapped his arm around my side and pulled me closer to him as we walked.

“N-Noct?”

“Yeah?”

“Can I ask you a question?”

“Of course.”

“Why?” we continued to walk.

“Why what?”

“Why? Out of all the girls in this kingdom. Why me?” he stopped walking and looked at me.

“Why not? You’re beautiful and talented, kind and caring. I wouldn’t trade you for anyone else.” He smiled and ruffled my hair a bit. I blushed madly and looked down at the ground.
We continued to walk down the street until I started getting hungry.