Ignore

A/N: This is partly based off of their book. It's a little sad, but it gets better.

Scott stood by his locker getting his books for school out and idly chatting with his friend Kirstie when he felt a hand on his arm. He turned around and frowned when he saw his ex-boyfriend and ex best friend Mitch standing behind him. "Hi Scotty" Mitch said. Scott didn't bother responding to him, and  just turned back to Kirstie and continued his conversation with her. Mitch frowned and walked away with his head down,looking like a kicked puppy.  Kirstie noticed the sad boy walking away and harshly smacked Scott on his arm.  A confused Scott asked "What was that for?" Kirstie rolled her eyes  "You were so rude to him. I can't believe you'd do that to him" she scolded. "I really fell for him.You know that, Kirst. Then we dated, and he ripped my heart out of my chest, stomped on it, and handed it back to me shattered into a million tiny pieces." Scott sadly told her.

"Look I get that your heartbroken, but you should really fix your friendship with him. I know he meant, and still means a lot to you. You should make up with him, because something could happen to him, and you could lose the best friend you ever had. Life's too short to hold a grudge against someone." Kirstie explained. Scott rolled his eyes and walked away, heart  longing for someone who didn't want him. This continued for months. Mitch would try to talk to Scott who would ignore him, wanting nothing to do with him.  Kirstie would try to fix things between the two of them , but was met with unsuccessful results.  One day everything changed.

Scott walked into school finding Kirstie at his locker sobbing hysterically holding her phone. "What's wrong Kirst? " Scott asked, wrapping her in a comforting hug. "It's Mitch. He was in a horrible car accident driving to school." Kirstie sobbed out, hiccupping between words. "I- I don't even know if he's alive. The hospital wouldn't tell me anything" "Oh god" she sobbed, burying her head in Scott's chest for comfort. Scott froze. The boy he loved  could possibly be dead? Scott sobbed, slowly at first, but soon tears were falling as fast as rain in a heavy storm.  He sank down to the floor, crying hysterically. "I still love him. God I love him so much, even though my heart got broken by him" he cried out to Kirstie who held him trying to comfort the boy, who had started gasping for breath.  "Do you want to go see him?" Kirstie softly  asked Scott who nodded. "Alright, we'll go after school." " No, we'll go right now" Scott said.

The desperation and determination with  which he said it convinced Kirstie. "Okay we can go right now." She said. She got up and walked to the administration office to explain the situation. Luckily, the administrator understood and let them go. During the car ride to the hospital, Scott couldn't see straight because of the tears in his eyes. After what seemed like an eternity the two arrived at the hospital where Mitch was. They ran into the hospital and asked the receptionist where Mitch was. They ran to the room, and what they saw was absolutely heartbreaking. Mitch's face was completely covered with scars, his eye was black, and he looked so pale. But he was alive and talking.  Mitch turned to the door and his eyebrow rose in surprise when he saw Scott there. "What are you guys doing here?" Mitch asked. This prompted Scott to throw himself in front of Mitch, and start sobbing out apologies. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Mitchy. I was hurt that you broke up with me, and I ignored you and I shouldn't have. I was so terrified that you died because Kirstie said they didn't tell her if you were alive. I'm sorry I'm so sorry."  Scott gasped and cried louder. Mitch's heart broke once he saw Scott bawling his eyes out. "Scotty" he called.

Scott looked up eyes hopeful, but terrified of what Mitch was going say. "I forgive you." Scott's eyes lit up and he started crying in relief. He got off the floor and hugged Mitch as gently as he could. "I'm so sorry. I won't ignore you ever again. " Mitch looked up at him, a question in his brown eyes. "Do you want to be friends again?" he asked.  Scott didn't hesitate for one second. "I would be honored to." The next day Mitch was allowed to go home and recover. Of course Scott stayed by Mitch's side all throughout his recovery process, even  it was really awkward between them at first. Day by day they got closer and closer, and the awkwardness soon blossomed into the most beautiful friendship anyone had ever seen.