Thanks Effy ✔

"Eight weeks." Principle F stated, leaning back in her chair, crossing her slender legs, with her finger tips barely on the desk. Yeah, we're in the principle's office on a Monday... at three in the morning. Wow! New record! Try beating that delinquents! Oh, wait, I am a delinquent.

I jumped up out of my chair, along with Danny, who was currently standing on my right. "What?!" We chorused. She couldn't do this! I can't have detention for eight weeks! "With community service." She continued, raising her plucked eyebrow at us in a challenging manner.

"You can't do that!" I yelled, clenching my hands into fists. What stuck up twit! "Yes I can." She stated smoothly. "I'm the principle. Besides, you should be glad I'm not suspending all five of you for what you did to the gym!"

Yes, she thinks that Cade and his friends were in on this. I'm not gonna tell her any different. He needs all the detention he can get!

I groaned, sitting back down. Well played Effy, well played. Just so you know, Effy is the principle. Everyone else calls her Principle F, so I decided to be different and call her Effy. "I will make it a little easier, I won't tell your parents."

"Your almost eighteen, the both of you, and I think your old enough to handle this on your own. Besides, I was a teenager once." She stated, sitting back up in her chair and lacing her fingers together on top of the table.

No! Really? I thought you were just born old.

"Don't make me regret not telling your parents. Oh, and before I forget, detention starts right after school, and it goes for an hour and a half, so don't be late, your already in enough trouble." She smiled smugly at her last comment.

Laugh it up Effy, laugh it up.

"You can go now." Danny and I stood up, walking to the door and pulling it open. Before we closed it the Principle told us to send the boys in. Obeying her command we sent them in, but not before we were almost melted by their glares.

Mmm. Does the word 'melted' make anyone else want chocolate? Hershey bars!!! Danny and I exited the school, hopping in her ford pickup and beginning the fifteen minute drive to my house. Danny was staying over with me so she wouldn't have to go home.

I seriously doubt she would ever be able to sneak out at her house. Her parents were very light sleepers, unlike mine, who could sleep through a zombie apocalypse. Well. Right now I suppose that was a good thing.

After driving for about ten minutes, I finally broke the silence. "Danny." I started. She turned her head toward me for a brief second, before looking back at the road. "What?"

"Next time you try to talk me into something, just remind me about this. Kay? Cause I am never ever, ever listening to you again!" I yelled the last sentence loudly, making Danny flinch. She looked over at me, smiling a bit.

"Ok."

We drove in silence the rest of the way to my house, we didn't even turn the radio on. I just couldn't shake the knot of worry that was dwelling in the pit of my stomach. I hadn't had detention before, like ever. And my first detention was gonna be with three boys who probably wanna kill me now. Or should I say three boys that wanna KMN? Eh, whatever.. do you see my point?

I groaned and laid my head on the dashboard. I'm didn't like this.... I mean, the odds are three to one! That means, hmm, lets see. If I go by minutes, well that means that there 270 different opportunities they could have to kill me during detention.

Ugh, I'm not gonna make the next two three months. Well at least they're hot... As soon as I realized I'd just thought that I screamed... loudly... ... very loudly.... loud enough to make Danny swerve. Danny squealed as the car jerked to the side. I grabbed the safety handle above the door ( or the OH-SH*T handle as my father calls it) to brace myself so I didn't bang my head off the window.