Part 1

"The oldest stories ever told, are written in the stars. Stories of time before men and gods, when Titans ruled the Earth. The Titans were powerful, but their reign was ended by their own sons, Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. Zeus convinced his brother Hades to create a beast so strong that could defeat their parents. And from his own flesh, Hades gave birth to an unspeakable horror. The Kraken.

Zeus became King of the heavens. Poseidon King of the seas. And Hades, tricked by Zeus, was left to rule the underworld in darkness and in misery. It was Zeus who created man, and man's prayers fed the Gods' immortality. But in time, mankind grew restless. They begun to question the Gods and finally rise up against them. Into this world, a child was born... A boy who would change everything and his fate forever entwined with a child not yet welcomed into the world: Perseus and Demetria.

Spyros was a fisherman, and a very successful one at that. One day, he went sailing and thought he had caught a very big batch of fish. Instead, he fished out a trunk and pried it open. Within it, Spyros saw a crying baby and saw the baby's mother was long gone. Spyros decided that this baby needed a family and Spyros and his wife longed for a child. Now, they could have one. With the baby peacefully sleeping on a hammock made to look like a cradle, Spyros and Marmara later named the baby Perseus. Io watched from afar with a small smile on her face. The story was coming together.

The girl may have not been born yet, but Demetria would one day be as strong and powerful as her brother and have a powerful key to play in this small story..."

Seven years later...

On the island of Serifos, seven-year-old Perseus watched the nights and the storms and lightning hit the ocean. He hated stormy nights like this, because he felt his heart tighten and his chest clench and something electric charging in him. They happened all the time. This pain in his heart varied, depending on the storm. However, he was more worried about the unborn child his adopted parents had conceived and believed this child would be Perseus' replacement. Spyros noticed his adopted son's pain and sat next to him.

"What is it son?" Spyros asked.

"I will have a brother or a sister soon." Perseus answered.

"You think we're gonna love this child differently to the way we love you... But we won't."

"This child will be yours. Me...I'm no one's son."

"I'm your father Perseus, Marmara is your mother, and you'll always be our son. The bond between us, is much more than flesh and bone. But the love we have for you, it's that love that Gods and kings are fight over. I never understood the Gods, but even I don't question that you're saved for a reason. And someday, that reason, is gonna take you far away from here."

Both father and son laughed.

"But not tonight." Perseus nodded in understanding. Marmara joined them, holding her son's and her husband's hand as the storm waged on.

Argos...Nine years later

Demetria wasn't the typical average, ten-year-old girl. No, she was also a servant of Princess Andromeda, not to mention her second-maiden (after Andromeda's first servant, Peshet). Demetria had attempted to steal a loaf of bread when she first met Andromeda. The princess had said that Demetria stopped a thief from getting away with the stolen loaf and the guards bought it. Demetria decided to stay as Andromeda's servant girl and has been in her servitude ever since. However, Andromeda and Demetria had more of an older sister/younger sister relationship as opposed to a mistress and servant one.

She felt something electric hit her heart as the storm from outside began waging. Her heart was clen chi ed in her chest. Poseidon must have been furious, as some of the waves that crashed against the shore were quite violent ones. Demetria left the servants quarters and began to walk around the halls. Some of the guards watched Demetria walk, and when they saw the girl wasn't up to anything, they left her alone. Demetria walked out to a hallway, not noticing one of the men walking out. She just couldn't sleep, thinking about her mother, Kymopoleia. Princess Andromeda found Demetria roaming around the streets, stealing bread and avoiding the guards. However, she only stole to survive.

"Who goes there?" Draco shouted. Demetria showed her face, breaking her thoughts. "Demetria, what are you doing out at this hour."

"The storm. Couldn't sleep, " Demetria said. She felt that electrical charge all the time whenever a storm was brewing.

"Ria, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Demetria lied.

"No, you're not, " he said. "I had a daughter once, Demetria, and I knew when she was bothered."

"Fine, it's the storm again," Demetria said. Every time a storm happens, I feel this electric charge and my heart clenches in pain, like I'm meant to be someone else. I'm just a girl whose mother, Kympoleia , was a prostitute."

"Who told you your mother was a prostitute?"

"The boys in the lower levels of the city. My mother had quite a reputation of being a prostitute and laying with their fathers. Heck, she wouldn't even tell me who my father was and I loved her but...she always kept secrets from me. I feared that I'd probably end up where my mom ended up at: homeless and alone. The boys will probably be right about me one day."

"Do not let anybody else define you, Demetria. I did not know who your mother was, and neither of your father."

"Neither do I."

"But, I do know that those boys, even gods and kings would never understand how special of a girl you are.

"Really?"

"Definately. One day, you'll know wjo you truly are. And who knows, you might be one of the bravest heroes Greece has ever seen. Do you understand?"

"Yes," Demetria answered. She looked back out and as she did, Draco put his arm around her shoulders.