3 Woman Carrying Clues

Now holding the weapon, my first thought was "What the hell is this?". I had never seen such a tool before. It was basically a skewer with one end sharpened. However, the other end had a massive weight to it. Testing it out, I concluded that the killer must've stabbed Demar and once he got up to hug his son, the blade came off due to the massive weight to it. It was actually a smart device. The only problem I had was determine when it was inserted into his body. I asked around some nurses and doctor and apparently, there are some rooms that don't have security cameras, like the room where he was resting after the operation.

Since his room didn't have any camera, he could've been stabbed right after the surgery, or on the resting room, and while he was being escorted back to his room, the blade was already in his body. 

At that point, Alexandra woke up. A nurse came to tell me that since she knew I wanted to interrogate her. 

I entered her room. Her medicines were still taking effect, but she was conscious and able to talk clearly to me.

- How are you feeling?

- Sore. Why are you here? - She answered, in a rude tone. - Where am I?

- Well, we have some problems. Ulric and Demar are dead, and you are here because someone tried to kill you. Twice. They pushed you out of the fire escape and then tried to poison you.

- What? Why? - She asked.

- Well, I see a pattern... Everybody that was involved with that robbery is dying now, but you didn't. So, naturally, I'm a bit suspicious of you. 

- Ok... So what do I do?

- Was Simon the only one to give a fake name to himself? 

- Maybe? How would I know? We both knew Demar but Ulric was anonymous to us. You have to admit... Ulric Fern seems like a fake name. 

- Yeah. - I agreed. I had never met a man with the surname "Fern". - So that means Simon knew that Demar was in on it?

- Yes, I think so. He was the one that hired us, and he confided in me that he would also play a little role in the whole scenario. Maybe he also told Simon.

- How long do you know him for?

- I was his student about 3 years ago. - She answered.

- And he introduced himself as Simon Becky?

- Yes. Why?

- Because everybody knew him by Casey Spiegel... It's kinda weird. - I said to myself. - He changed schools and names. Something happened. Why did he tell me there were 2 dead people involved with the robbery?

- Maybe he knew someone was trying to silence him... And he included himself. Atton, I'll be honest. I have no idea what happened. 

- Fine... Anyway, I need to get to work. Get better soon. - I said, leaving the room. 

I went back to Ulric Fern's house to try and ask his wife some questions about his background.

- How long have you met Fern?

- 12 years now. He was a sweetheart. I loved him so much. - She said, between tears. 

- Ma'am, I know this is complicated, but did you ever meet his friends or his parents?

- No, actually. He said that his parents had died in a car accident and that his only friend had drowned in a frozen lake.

- Ironic. - I whispered. - So nobody can actually verify that his name was Ulric Fern... Amazing. Anyway, that's all. Thank you for your time and I'm sorry for your loss... 

I visited the morgue to talk to Maggie, to see if she actually had found anything.

- I'm god damn stomped... 3 people dead, Alexandra is on the verge of dying, and I have no idea who did it. 

- Do you trust her? She was the only one that hasn't died yet and that was in the crew...

- Kinda? - I said, not sure of myself. - I mean, she gave me information that clears her name but I don't think she knows about it. 

- So you're saying she's innocent. Gre...

- Not sure but yes. I'm saying she's probably innocent.

- What about the bank owner? Wanting the money back, he killed everybody as revenge and got the money...

- No, the money was taken by the Police. He should have known that.

- Still... I mean, he might be very dumb.

- Maybe? I don't know... My biggest problem here is identifying the man that I saw at the hospital...

- What if I told you that I think I know who he is? - I turned at her, surprised.

- You would be lying... Or at least I would think so! I mean, you don't even know who I'm talking about. - She handed me over a file that contained a genealogy tree and a few texts between Casey and an unidentified phone number. - No way... What?