The Only Girl at Strumiara

I dragged my suitcase up eight flights of stairs and still haven't found my dorm. I'm starting to think that this was all a big mistake. I mean, a girl, learning magic at Strumiara? That's unheard of. A girl learning magic at all is unheard of. If this isn't a mistake, I would be the first.

I'd imagine that most girls would be terrified of going to a school of all boys, especially if they are girly girls, but I'm actually quite excited. All my old friends were guys anyway and no amount of boys would drive me away from becoming a wizard.

Here we are, dorm number 175. Cyril Parker and Lacey Martyn.

I tried to open the door but it was locked. I started banging on the door. "Hey! Anyone in there?" I yelled after a solid minute of knocking.

"Come back later!" A guy yelled followed by a load, female moan.

"You gotta be kidding me," I mumbled as I dropped to the floor and tried to ignore the sound of my new roommate having sex. Which got harder and harder as they got louder and louder. Instead, I took out my phone and started to listen to some music.

Finally the door swung open. I stood up and watched the pretty girl kiss the hot, pale, muscular, brown haired boy in just his boxers. "Bye Cyril!" The girl yelled as she left. I pushed past Cyril before he could say anything back to her and claimed the bed with clean covers.

"What are you doing in here anyway? Do I know you? Did I promise you sex?" Cyril asked, checking me out.

"I'm your roommate," I sighed as to started unpack my clothes and shove them into drawers.

"Roommate? But you're a girl!" He stupidly pointed out.

"Thanks for noticing." I rolled my eyes and started to unpack. "And you're an asshole."

"I'll have you know that I am the sexiest asshole you could ever hope to meet," Cyril said, smirking cockily at me.

"I disagree with that statement," I said after I gave him a good look over.

"You know someone who looks better than me?" He asked, stunned.

"Yeah, for example, me," I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Trust me, asshole is not something that anyone in this school will use to describe you."

"Then what will they describe me as?" I asked as I sat on my bed like the innocent girl that I am not.

"Sexy, jackpot, hot, and annoying," Cyril said ticking off his fingers.

"I'd like to add badass and tomboy to that list."

"You don't strike me as a badass," he said, checking me out, yet again. I wore a close to see through black shirt with a white bra that was clearly visible with the black shirt and some ripped back jeans. I understand why a guy like Cyril would keep checking me out but that doesn't mean that he should.

"I don't strike you as a badass?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow at him. I'd think that my outfit and my long grayish blue hair would make it obvious. The knife in my pocket would be a dead give away too, but there is no way he knows about that.

"Okay, you do. I just don't meet a lot of badass, tomboy girls," he confessed. I was about to argue but I didn't know what I would say. I went to a really fancy school so most of the girls are very, over the top girly so I was friends with the misbehaving boys. Not that I minded. I probably would've been friends with them anyway. Although I haven't meet any girls like me, I know that I'm definitely not the only one. I just got cursed with a fancy school then an all boys school. So instead I shrugged and got up from my spot on the bed and kicked my suitcase beneath my bed before heading to the door. "Where are you going?" Cyril asked and I spun around, the door already cracked open.

"Out."

"You can't leave the campus. It's against the school rules," He said and I quirked an eye brow at him. "See you later," he then added and I smirked and walked back down all the steps stretching out my arms as I walked.

For a guarded campus it was very easy to sneak out. The fence was short and wasn't even enchanted. I smirked as I strutted down the streets and down the alleys until I entered the abandoned house the street fights are held at.

The whole place smelled of sweat and blood and crowed with big, muscular men some with masks and girlfriends clinging onto them.

"Who are you here for, doll?" A man asked, moving from his spot against the wall to grab my arm.

"I'm here for a fight," I said and he along with a couple others in ear shot laughed. If I was back in my hometown. None of them would be laughing.

"Why don't you stay with me, I'll protect you and you can award me when I win," he said wrapping his arm around me. I smirked.

"Why don't you fight me? If you win, I'll award you," I whispered into his ear as I hooked one leg around his waist and ran my fingers down his chest.

"Sure, doll, I'll go easy on you." He said and didn't waste a moment to pull me into the ring.

We each wrapped our hands, well he wrapped his then wrapped mine, insisting that I didn't know how to do it. Then I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and got into a fighting stance.

Men soon created a circle around the ring. Some were catcalling me and some were telling my opponent that it wasn't right to hit a girl.

I blocked them out until the bell rang loud and clear in my head.

I moved forward and swung a punch, knocking him in the jaw. He grabbed it and stumbled backwards in shock. I took his hesitation and jumped up, wrapping my legs around his head and flipped us. I caught myself with my hand and stood up while he crashed to the floor.

He didn't get back up and I won. No one cheered. "What's a girl gotta do for a proper brawl around here?" I asked, when no one answered I climbed out of the ring and left the house.

I definitely prefer the fights at home. The men were stronger, and they didn't hold back on me. I also didn't have to flirt my way into a fight. So much for street fights. Maybe school will be enough of a distraction.