~14~

Minutes slowly trickle into hours and Andrew and I are sitting behind a gas station.
     "We need to either find a place to stay or only come down here once a week, because I don't have enough gas money to come down here everyday." Andrew said looking down at the ground.
     "I'm staying here either way." I tell him looking at a wall separating us and the freeway.
      "That isn't a choice. Your not staying here alone." Andrew said strictly. He ran his hands through his blonde hair, obviously frustrated.  
     "We can't just sit in your apartment and wait anymore." I tell him. "We can stay with our grandpa or something."
     "And then what? He'd turn us into the police in a heartbeat." Andrew exclaimed.
     Silence once again washes over us once again. I would ask Blaise if my name wasn't all over the news and the "talk of the town."
     "I know a place." Andrew said hesitantly. "I don't know if their going to let us crash at their place...but we're obviously desperate." He continued.
     "Ok, where do they live?" I ask. Getting up off of the wall.
     "Like a 5, 10 minute drive." He said scrunching his eyebrows and looking down.
      "Who is it?" I ask standing up.
      "An old friend. We, uh, haven't talked in a while." He said avoiding eye contact.
     I decide to shut my mouth, as we could possibly stay at his "friends" house.
     We walked back to where his car was parked and drove until we got to a smaller house that was boarding a livable condition.
     Andrew slowly walked up to the front door and knocked on the door. We waited in silence until we heard the lock unlock.
     There stood a women, who had her arms crossed over her stomach. She had brown hair and dark hazel eyes. She stood at a solid 5'2, and looked as if the devil was at her door.
"Andrew? W-what are you doing here?" She breathed. Her voice was soft and trembled when she spoke.
"Listen, I know I'm probably the last person you'd let in your house, but we're desperate." He said indicating the both of us. "Please, just let me explain. You can make your mind up then." He then spoke. He talked as if he was tip toeing around an explosive bomb.
"Uh, sure." She said unsure. "Come in."
We walked into her house, that looked better that the outside, but not by a ton.
"Who's the girl?" I hear her ask quietly.
"Oh, this is my little sister, Jack. Jack this is Elle...my ex girlfriend." Andrew said almost whispering the last part.
I give her a small smile, which she does in return. Elle seemed so fragile, like Andrew absolutely broke her. I shake the thought out of my mind as we sat on the couch, where Andrew explained everything.
Everything. He didn't lie one bit. He trusts her. Does he not know what happens when you invest your trust into someone?
"So can we stay?" He asks hopefully. "We won't be a burden, I promise. I can help pay bills." He added.
Elle stayed silent. She looked down as if she was going to cry. She took a deep breath before she said,
"If you're going to stay here, then I need to tell you something." She said with her voice growing quieter.
Andrew looked at her with concern in his eyes. He was still wrapped around her finger, regardless of whatever happened in their relationship.
"Um, I'm pregnant. With your baby."