• Chapter 1 - The Newbie •

"BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!" Awakening to a very rude alarm rug was not the best way to start the school week. Logan was still floating about in my head as I tried to remove the morning sleepiness. He would just have to wait for tonight, when I get home from school. All weekend, that damn rug has been awakening me from deep slumbers, in which I was dreaming about Mr. Lerman.

Rolling off of my bed, I started to think about what I was going to wear to school today. Maybe I should change it to the outfit that my cousin, Meghan, got me yesterday. After my shower, I put on the outfit and shoes, (a grey smiley face crop top, my black bag, pink makeup, earrings, a pink bandana as a headband, and grey and pink Supra high tops). Right before I left, I put in some contacts instead of wearing my large geeky lasses that I wear every day.

On my way to school, I saw more guys checking me out for some reason that I will never understand; I look the same pretty much. Some of them even gained enough courage to ask if I was new to the school, of course I told them who I was, and to say they looked surprised would understatement.

When I got inside the school, everyone was whispering and pointing at me when they saw what I looked like. I was on my way to my locker, where I met up with my best friend Jessica (Jess), when one of the "popular" girls asked if I wanted to hang out with them at lunch. I, being the nice friend I am, declined; and she looked dumbfounded. When I got over to Jess, she was confused as to why I dressed like I did today. "I wanted to prove that I'm not just a nerd they can push around all the time," I explained my reason, and she thought it was brilliant.

And there was a new kid at school she said was hot. Apparently I needed to get a boyfriend and not be a loner anymore.... Whatever the hell that means. I'm honestly insulted she said that. But, she's my bestie so she can say whatever the hell she wants.

During lunch, Jess pointed out the new kid (I guess his name was Logan) and he looked almost exactly like a geeky version of Logan Lerman. But, I think I was the only one who saw that. Jess went over to him and invited him to sit with us, and he accepted. I was genuinely excited to meet the guy who popped out of no where....