Chapter one : Another Argument

Word count: 1612

Kindly click on the ⭐ button below your screen to signify a vote ❤

*
"I can't do this anymore!"

"You have no choice love. I'm not leaving you for any damn dog!"

"Well what are you if not one?"

"What?"

"A dog of course. You slept with Christy. Just because I wasn't in the state for just a day. Jacob, she was the house help. I swear you're the definition of pathetic!"

"You are also pathetic. In fact, when are you not? I also saw my buddy flirting with you the other night!"

"What freaking night, Jacob?"

"The night Freddie was here."

"What...when?"

"When I asked him to pick you up for our make out date?"

"It was a makeup date, not a make-freaking-out date. I know you're currently imagining yourself making out with one of your stupid bimbos. I'm sick and tired of all this."

"Okay, I- I'm sorry."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am!"

"I said yo-you're not!"

"I am!"

"I'm leaving. This is all bullshit!"

The heat of the rising sun penetrating through my window, coupled with the debate coming from my parents downstairs as usual, wakes me.

Grudgingly getting up (albeit weakly), I begin my  preparation for the day.

I tune out the noise coming from our humongous living room with a loud groan and head into my bathroom. I'm used to the noise and though it's quite deafening, I don't intend to interfere. I'm not ready to be on the receiving end.

I check my face in the mirror and a groan rips off my throat.

I'm quite a squirmer, except someone is sleeping beside me and that's a solid backup to how awesomely horrible I currently look. My honey brown hair is sticking out in all places like glue was poured over it. The thought of what I'll go through while combing it alone makes me feel sick to my stomach. I swear this doesn't feel like college resumption day for me. It feels like my last day of my last session in school.

I feel exhausted for no reason!

I guess I have to do something about my insomnia anyway.

My eyes have little dark circles under them and my thick eyebrows look like they're waving their tiny hairs up in the air as usual. I'm used to combing them into a straight style every morning.

I rinse my face and grab my brush quickly, doing justice to my mouth.

I strip quickly from my Dora the explorer PJ's and my Disney fairy tank top. Yes I'm a sucker for Disney cartoons, but that doesn't mean I behave like a six year old.

"Honey, your dad and I are heading to work. Don't forget to take your pills and I made pancake. Your drink is in the fridge so take care of yourself and I love you!" My mom's sweet voice announces from the passage as if she wasn't just screaming her throat off ten minutes ago.

A few seconds later, I hear the main door slam downstairs and my shoulders slump.

There's no need for me to give a reply before she leaves. She probably wouldn't have waited for me to finish talking before heading out with my dad anyway.