Meet The Family Burns

"Are you sure this is enough? I don't want to appear rude Graham!"

You asked your boyfriend/soulmate nervously. The tupperware of pasta in your hands and in another container held some cookies you had made. Graham was thankfully you brought some. You had a habit of stress baking cookies. Whilst Graham liked cookies he didn't think it they where something you should have containers of in your fridge. (You disagreed.)

Graham sighed and wrapped his arms around your waist. You subconsciously leaned back into his touch.

"Yes (Y/N)! Cody will adore you. Kade will probable want to eat at our house everyday. Dani will be glad to get another sister. Then finally my dad will be happy for us and heart adopt you. I guarantee it."

"Okay..... I guess."

You were still dubious about​ the whole thing. Graham sensed it and wrapped his arms around you. Then kissed your forehead.

"Just relax for me please?"

Closing your eyes you take a shaky breath. Your still upset but you didn't feel like throwing up anymore. Opening your eyes again you nod your head once and smile.

"Dad! Kade! Dani! Cody! (Y/N) and I are here!"

The sound of someone falling at feet pounding across the floor. Meet your ears. Giving Graham an anxious look you watched him shrug. This was probable normal but you where still slightly freaked out. A ten-year boy stood there. He saw you and Graham and his eyes light up. Then he starts talking a million miles a minutes. Well it seems like it but in reality he was just rushing each sentence and scarcly daring to breath. Graham sighed like this was a normal thing.

"Cody breath! Your freaking her out. Go get dad and you'll probably have to wake Kade up because he is Kade."

"Oh! Right I'll be back. Can I call you my sister yet?"

"Cody!"

Cries out Graham his cheeks flushed. He turns to you rubbing his neck sheepishly. Then he gives a weak laugh.

"That is my youngest brother Cody. As you can see he is rather well....  excitable."

You give a slight giggle at that. Cody appeared to be sweetheart but like Graham said excitable. Graham blushed harder. You grab his hand and squeeze your hand. Turning to the brunette you take a deep breath. You could do this. You had already meet Cody and he reminded you of the little brother you never had. He grins at you and you walk into the house together.

Of course Graham had been correct (per usual.) You had freaked out over nothing. Kade and his soulmate (Haley) had immediately praised you on your cooking. Well more like Kade had announced Haley and he were going to eat at your house and Haley had asked you about the recipe. You gadly gave it to her. Then she had noticed your shirt and you two immediatly bounded over Phantom of the Opera. You liked Haley and Kade. Kade just had a slight brash attitude about him. That sent you baking up slightly.

Your future sister-in-law Dani. Had been a nice person to talk to. You both had grown up with only brothers and knew how much trouble they could cause. Along with how older brothers would hassle you but stalk you on your first date and how younger brothers lived to hassel you. It had been slightly harder to talk to her soulmate Neal. At least you and Dani could talk about brothers. Neal and you really didn't have a lot in common. He was big on plane and flying. You however liked your body safely on the ground. Where it belonged thank you very much. You managed to make it work. Instead option to talk about books you adored. It also helped he looked incredible similar to your older brother Jamie. Jamie had been your protected and it appeared either Kade or Neal would take up that role now. (You were leaving more to Neal. Kade was far more of a Mike-like brother)

Charile had taking one look at you and smiled. Hugging you tightly and welcoming you to the family. It was nice to have a father like figure in your life. After what happened between your own family.

While you were waiting for the main course to finish you all sat in the living room. Talking to each other with Cody fluttering about you all eager to learn more about his siblings soulmates and just soulmates in general. It became clear he was a highly inquesitve​ little boy. You laughed at that it was your cousin David all over again. Not that you minded it had a sense of normality about it. It was Charlie who asked you what you did for a living.

"So Abby what do you do for a living? From the way your dealing with Cody I would say you did something with kids."

"Actually yes. I am the new English teacher for the high school. Back in Seattle I also taught theatre and ran the drama club after school. I just love it! The imagination kids show and the eagerness​ for plays. It really is something special.

You finished off dreamily.  You loved your job. Teenagers where a bit of a  pain when they did not know them. You get to know them and they like you. It was as simple as that. You also had a chance to talk about your favorite playwrights and authors. Along with listing to Broadway musicals. Granted teachers paychecks where not a whole lot. You couldn't really splurge on stuff but you didn't mind. You got by and because of that you thought you were a millionare. Meeting Graham had thrown your laugh into a tailspin. Not that you minded.

At this point dinner was ready and you all marched off to eat. It was quiet for the first fifteen minutes. Then Charlie started talking.

"You seem to like your job (Y/N) Even of you don't make that much."

"Oh I do! It's amazing to see kids spins on literature. Things like that are fluid you know? Also as for the whole money thing I don't care. I could be rich but would I be happy? Probably not this is the life for me Chief Burns."

"Rose would have adored you. Also call me Charlie. You are family."

"Thank you."

That night you laid next in bed with Graham. You had never felt so happy after leaving a family dinner. Graham leaned up and looked at you. A goofy smile playing on his lips. You grin at this and slightly nudge him.

"What has you so happy?"

"You....your just so bloody amazing! I told you were being parinoid."

"Yeah I know. Maybe we can meet my family next?"

"I would love to."

With that you both feel asleep. Thoughts of tomorrow dancing in your minds. You had each other as the Burns family backing you.

A/N: Who thought this was crappy? *Watches everyone raises there hand.* I am so sorry. This writer's block was kicking my block and some characters where giving me issues writing them. *Glares at Neal, Cody, Charlie, the insert (I'm not mad at you personally but your character didn't want to cooperate. Like at all!) Kade and Dani. Graham was slightly easier to write with but it was not easy. Anyway I hope you all like this. Also as for the next two chapters. One will be a strained family meeting and the other one would be a much happier one.

So life update: I am in the schools marching band and if anyone here is in marching band you know how it can be. Add to the fact we have a new director and staff makes it stressful for everyone.  I am also a Junior this year. One more year until I graduate and I have several classes I am taking that require my full attention.

Mostly just Financial Management. English I am okay with. Theatre is a streets relief and Human Body Systems is light years better than Principals of Biomedical Sciences. Then next semester I have chemistry. A class I heard that was incredible hard in general. Medical Intervention. Apparently the hardest pathway class in the school. Then finally math and I suck at math. Thankfully it is Algebra 2 and I am okaish with algebra. I am not great but is by far my strongest sub category. The next chapter will try to be out in the middle of November.

I know this looks like a lot of excuses but I am just overwhelmed and not sure if I can find time to write. You all have been so patient with me but I am disappointing you with chapters like this and not updating. I am so sorry.

Sincerely,

A very sad and disappointed author