Be Prepared (1)

Author's POV:

Jade was out of breath as she approached the two people she had been looking for.

"Bohai, Akihiro! Come here I need your help." she gradually came closer to the two, "You have noticed the sickness amongst our soldiers, right?"

"Yes, what of it? You couldn't possibly have the cure." the two gave her a calculating look as they waited for her response. The training grounds was almost empty, only a couple thousand men remained on the field; the rest of their brothers had been bed ridden which had taken a massive toll on their morale.

"And if I had the answer to both the cure and the cause?" Upon hearing General Shao's reply, the men immediately dropped their weapons; Could it be that their superior was an unheard genius? Bohai and Akihiro both continued to stare at her with interest until Akihiro spoke up.

"If I didn't know any better, it sounds to me that you are trying to make a deal with us." Jade rolled her eyes, Little Xie scoffed in her head;

"Such an inquisitve fool, if I were him I would be jumping for joy, instead of asking for a price." Jade mentally replied back,

"This is why we need him to agree to our plans, he's too smart for us. We're better off telling him now what is going on, rather than to keep him in the dark."

"Whatever you say," Little Xie then switched off their connection.

 Bohai watched the exchange between his two friends, carefully analysing their facial expressions. Surprisingly, he lowered his voice and decided to speak.

"Does your deal involve us keeping a secret from Rin."

She smirked, "You know me so well, Bo." they both playfully threw jokes at one another but stopped when realising the scornful expression on Akihiro's face.

"I know that I may have sworn my allegiance to you; however, Rin's place in my heart is far superior to yours. I will not jeapordise my relationship with my brother for you, that includes hiding information from him." Unbelievable! In his eyes, he viewed Jade as a friend, despite the weird and foreign emotions she previously made him suffer, this was too much. She had crossed the line. How could she ask such a thing. 

In her dormant space, Little Xie heard everything that happened outside; she began to shake with fury.

"Let me out of here! How dare he speak to my master like that! Does he not realise that we're the heroes here; foolish boy!" well that one was new. Jade had never heard anyone refer to Akihiro as a boy, not even herself had insulted him in such a way. However on her outside appearance she didn't budge, she seemed unaffected by his sudden outburst; only Bohai was aware of the change in her aura, her eyes went slightly colder than usual. Her voice lowered as she grabbed onto his collar. 

"You don't have to like me right now but you and I both know that I would never betray Rin. Your opinion is not needed and it is unnecessary for you to address me in such away; I will tell you this once and once only, so listen up." Akihiro felt flustered as his heart rate sped up, "The source of this illness is poison, our men will die and Rin will be completely defenceless. Despite his reputation as a fearsome warrior, we both know how emotionally weak he is, the consequences of not listening to me will be grave and our emperor will crumble with it. This kingdom has a traitor, one who has links with the East and I will not rest and until they are exposed out in the open. Rin will be kept in the dark about this and whether you like it or not, you will help me." she threw him to the ground not giving him time to react.

"People like him need to be dealt with a firm hand and feel fear once in a while. I should've hit him with a stone whilst we were at it; probably knock all the sense back into his head," she explained to Little Xie who felt indescribable satisfaction by the turn of events. Jade knew that her method was harsh but it needed to be done otherwise they will get nowhere. Akihiro had to to know when to break the rules, this was a situation between life and death. This was an unspoken war! Dusting her clothes, she turned to Bohai,

"Be prepared," he nodded in response and the three of them cancelled training, leaving their men in completer utter confusion.

Later 50,000 medicinal bottles filled to the brim with pills were distributed amongst the sick, under Akihiro's orders. Rin had gone away to try solve the issue of ongoing drought in a poor village and wouldn't be back till dawn. This gave the three (including our Little Xie) time to plan.

A/N:

What do you think of our new character Little Xie?

Do you think I should establish a relationship between her and Akihiro?

Tell me if you feel that I have anything to improve. 

Kind regards Shayyyy x