TWELVE

[ MERRY CHRISTMAS 2018 ]
NINETEEN-EIGHTY-THREE
twice i would die for
a little more once with you

[ MERRY CHRISTMAS 2018 ]NINETEEN-EIGHTY-THREEtwice i would die fora little more once with you

25 December 1983

Dearest Sirius

I miss you. Can't you come back?

I know you can't really, and that's what hurts the most. Christmas isn't the same without you. I miss your fireside cuddles, your late night kisses, your endless floods of wisdom and laughter. Life's not the same anymore.

I curse the person who ever did this to us. I know you would never betray our best friends like that, it isn't you. I curse that foul creature for eternity, for now Lily and James are gone, Harry's with godawful Petunia, Peter's dead too and you've been framed as a monster. I know it's not you.

Come back to me, please. I can't bare seeing you in hell any longer. I need you again, and by the looks of things, you need me. I'll never move on from you, darling. You and I are forever.

All my love

Callie Black

Callie sighed softly as she read the letter on repeat, the words striking her in the heart each time she took them in. She felt the bitter tears slip down her cheeks as she reached for an envelope, not bothering to wipe them away as she only knew more would appear.

The parchment slipped inside the envelope, and she scrolled his name onto the paper with precision, each letter making her heart fumble at the reminder of him. She grabbed a stamp from the open desk drawer and stuck it on the right-hand corner, content with her work.

She held the letter close for a moment, as if it were a replacement for Sirius. Then again, she knew nothing could replace the love of her life, no human or object.

She eyed the letter once more before she placed it carefully inside the vacant drawer, closing it with finality. Atop of it, her engagement ring sat patiently, awaiting a return to her left hand. It was to be the last time she ever opened the drawer. It was to be last time she ever celebrated Christmas.