-3-

Riley's POV

It was another gorgeous, sunny day and I was excited to go get some coffee. My favourite iced caramel frappacino was perfect for today... actually, it was perfect for any day!

After a quick dance around my wardrobe, I picked out a patterned yellow dress with a black waistcoat and tied the top of my hair up into a bun so the rest was left down. I put on a pair of tall, light brown gladiator sandals and grabbed my bag before heading outside into the sunshine. I walked for about ten minutes till I got to the coffee shop and the sound of the bell as I walked in made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Looking around at everyone and everything, I made my way over to the counter and order my drink. The cashier didn't look very happy, especially not since I was constantly smiling at him but I didn't stop. I was happy!

Whilst I waited I tapped my fingers on the counter along to the music that was playing and nodded my head to the beat, oblivious to everything around me. I wasn't even paying attention to the cashier, that is until he slammed my cup on the counter very close to my fingers.

"Thank you. Have a nice day." I smiled as I picked the drink up and he grumbled in reply before going off somewhere else.

Once I grabbed some napkins and wrapped them around my cup, I headed out the door humming to myself. I paused for a second to take a sip of my coffee and my eyes closed at the amazing taste; I was just about to open them again when I bumped into something and became covered in liquid.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I opened my eyes to be greeted with a bright blue pair which belonged to a cute blonde girl who was a bit shorter than me. Her voice was sweet and smooth, even when she was panicked, and with the little make up she was wearing I could see the softness of her pale skin.

It took me a moment to come back to reality and when I did, I didn't even pay attention to my clothes. "It's fine, don't worry about it."

"But I spilt your coffee and now your clothes are all wet and you don't have coffee anymore and-"

I placed my hand on her shoulder and she froze, her eyes slowly moving down to look at my hand. I slowly retracted it in fear I made things awkward, although I could swear her cheeks were pinker than they were before.

"Don't worry, it was just an accident. I don't mind."

"But if you're going shopping, you can't walk around soaked..." She paused. "Are you?"

I looked down, feeling guilty about staying out since it made her feel guilty. "Well..."

"Come with me." This time she was the one who touched me, taking my hand in hers. "Let me buy you some new clothes so you don't have to be soaked for the rest of the day..." She looked down at my almost empty cup and smiled a little, clearly still worried. "...and another drink to, you know, replace the one I spilled all over you." We both laughed quietly but I think she could tell I was reluctant when I stopped and rolled my lips together. She held my hand more firmly and once I made eye contact again she said, "Please, I insist."

I sighed, giving her a small smile. "Okay."