Prologue

Whore.

Jail bait.

Home-wrecker.

With a smirk I looked over my masterpiece. Before me sat a pretty new blue 2016 BMW, freshly waxed and practically glowing beneath the moon's pale light. I bet he bought her this piece of shit, I thought to myself with a sneer. What a fucking asshole. Tightening my grip on the screwdriver in my hand I dug the sharp metal into the hood and dragged a line downwards and then another across, finishing up the last word.

Slut.

What else would you call a woman who went after a man knowing full well he was taken? With a god damn kid to boot! Just thinking about what they did, what they were probably doing now made my blood boil.

I wanted to scream out in rage but held myself in check, instead kicking at the curb until my toes throbbed, the ache spreading upwards to reverberate in my knee. My throat was tight with how badly I wanted to just curl up in my bed and bawl, my eyes stinging with fresh tears. Don't cry, I commanded myself sternly. You will not cry over him. I tilted my head back and pinched the bridge of my nose, trying desperately to force them away as I stared up at the house in front of me.

It was big and beautiful with a double garage, a lush green lawn and that ridiculous white picket fence everyone always dreamed of... I always dreamed of. Nothing like the rinky dink apartment he had with us. I bet they have a dog. And a giant TV where the bastard could sit back and watch those idiotic emergency room shows of his. Upstairs the lights were off, signaling that the two were likely asleep. If not that then... They wouldn't notice me down here either way.

At least, not yet.

Reaching into the backpack I brought with me I pulled out an old t-shirt and wrapped it around my arm, making sure it was fully protected before flipping the screwdriver around in my hand and bashing it against the car's window with the handle. The first hit did almost nothing aside from hurt my wrist, much to my dismay. Driving even more force into the second swing I bashed at it again and amazingly the handle broke through, shattering the glass and spewing shards all over the seat and road. Immediately the car's alarm began to shriek, the head lights blinking furiously, alerting all who happened to be passing by. I looked back up through the windows. Almost a minute later the lights flicked on.

I had to move fast.

With shards of glass biting into my hand I felt along the car's interior, quickly finding the lock and popped open the door. Reaching into my bag once again I pulled out a small gallon of smelly amber liquid and began splashing the contents inside the vehicle, making sure to cover both the front and the back seats, allowing it to absorb into the shiny leather and the velvety carpeting. A small bit of the gas splashed against the shirt tied around my arm but I ignored it. I'd be too far away when I lit it up for the flames to affect me anyway. The repulsive, familiar odor stung my nose and clogged my airways the more I poured but I didn't care. All I could think of was the sound of her crying in her room every night. All because of what he did to us. To me. To her. Digging into my pocket I produced a small box of matches, and making sure I was a decent bit away from the car I lit one and tossed it into the open door. It landed on the front seat and almost immediately flames began to engulf the car.

It was absolutely beautiful.

"You crazy fuck! What the hell do you think you're doing?" A man screamed angrily before a meaty fist slammed against my face. Caught off guard by the sudden blow I fell to the floor, scraping my hands against the rough asphalt as I attempted to catch myself with them.

"My car!" a woman shrieked hysterically. From my spot on the floor I could see a girl run outside. Her head was a tumble-weed of blonde extensions, wearing nothing but a sheer top and a leopard print thong. She couldn't be older than twenty-five. "Daddy, what the fuck did she do to my car?!"

Making sure to keep her distance, the leggy blonde ran around the flaming vehicle, eyes bulging, mouth flopping open and closed. She looked like some sort of retarded fish. I couldn't help myself. I laughed.

"You think this is some sort of joke?" The man barked. His bare feet slapped against the rough stone as he stepped forward and grabbed me again, yanking me back off the floor to face him. "You pathetic piece of-" I stared up into the man's familiar brown eyes, now wide with surprise as he stared down into my face, recognition clear in their shit-filled depths. "Christine?" he practically squeaked.

I clenched my fists hard against my sides causing the glass to dig in to the already tender flesh even more as I glared up at the man I used to love.

"Hey, Dad."

"What are you- I mean, why are you..." He never got to finish the sentence.

Beside us a loud pop rang out through the night and the car's tires exploded under the fire's heat igniting the gas-soaked shirt. My arm erupted in flames and I fell back screaming as the fire blazed and danced across my flesh. The stench of my own searing skin and burning blood stained my senses as I cried and screamed and the entire world was enveloped in red.

Dear Readers,

If you're enjoying the story please don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and ADD to your public reading lists.

Thank you! ^^ -Charlie