7. Distraction

"got no reason, got no shame,got no family i can blame

got no family i can blame. just don't let me disappear, i'm gonna tell you everything. "

Jungkook POV.

A flash of blonde hair.

The smell of coffee.

Pale brown eyes.

Being picked up and spun around.

A man's deep laugh.

Some faraway lullaby.

Cherry blossom trees.

Bright sunshine.

Blinding bright lights.

Speed.

Then came the horrifying screech of a woman.

Shattered glass pieces.

Raging yellow flames.

The chaos all around .

Darkness.

I could see it in my head, like a long forgotten movie. As I kept replaying it like a broken record every night before I fell asleep, I could hear every shatter of the glass every scream of agony. I couldn't help it and was obbsessed with imagining how I could have changed it all. If I had the ability to reverse time, to stop my own useless breathing I would do it without blinking an eye. It was either if the two choices. My eyes refused to close and if they did it everything just kept coming back to me like a train all over again.

On some nights however it was hard not to think about what could have happened if I hadn't messed everything up. It wouldn't bring my parents back, but atleast whoever had done it would be behind bars. The memories were as vivid as if it had happened yesterday and not years ago.

Her face as the car slammed into ours.

How she hadn't panicked, just leaned over and tore forcefully at the seatbelt tangled around me. She had shoved me out of the car just before it exploded.

She had still been in it.

I could still feel the burn of the flames on my skin, the smoke clouding my eyes as they watered unknowingly.

"Abbeoji!! "

My own trembling voice sounded so foreign to me. I remember looking frantically for my father and his forced blank expression as they wheeled my mother into the emergency care unit.