Part 45: What Happened?

"Are you up? Hmm? Ahh haha, look who's awake" I hear someone exclaim as I begin to open my eyes. I look up to see Frankie standing nearby as he types something on his phone that was currently plugged into his charger before he places it on a table and walks over to me.

"What? What's happening?" I ask. I don't remember Frankie being here when I went to bed, in fact I don't even remember going to sleep. Where are we? Is this Frankie's house? It looks like a hospital, and I don't remember travelling to either of these places. I can't remember anything. "Can you please tell me what's going on?" I say sternly. I'm so frustrated, I need him to help me.

"You don't remember? Like anything?" Frankie asks.

"Like I know who you are Frankie my memory isn't fucking gone, but where are we? I literally don't remember going to bed last night" I admit as Frankie gives me a confused look.

"Ari you didn't 'go to bed last night.' You can't tell where we are, Ari look around you" he says as he points at me. I look around and notice a bunch of tubes connected to my arms, I'm in a hospital. How did this happen? "The doctor said you might forget some stuff, if you remember me then you clearly haven't forgotten everything. I don't know how to professionally judge your memory or if I can even tell you what happened. I'm- I'm gonna go get a doctor" Frankie says as he turns around to leave. I want to stop him, it's frustrating not having any answers but I guess I would do the same in his position and I understand how stressed he must be as well.

"Hello Ariana, it's great to see you awake" I hear the doctor say with a smile as he walks in and Frankie follows behind him. I watch as he checks some reports and the monitors around my bed before grabbing a chair and sitting by me. He begins to ask me a series of questions clearly to try and test my memory. They range from 'what's my name? and 'what colour is this coat' to 'where do I live' and 'who's the president' and 'what was the last thing I remember purchasing.'

"We're currently on season 45, and I'm planning on leaving at the end of the season" I admit and the doctor nods his head. He was currently asking me what season of SNL we were currently working on. Last I remember we were on season 45, if that's not true I would be terrified, how long have I been here?

"Alright well your memory seems to be fine. Everything is still there up and until about a day before the accident which is okay. It could be much worse. Frankie said he would handle telling you exactly what happened but I will tell you that you had a lot of drugs in your system, almost but thankfully not enough to have lethal effects. However our biggest concern right now is with the brain injuries you faced. You passed out and fell to the floor but while doing so you had hit the back of your head against the corner of your kitchen counter. The hit gave you a concussion and a few other head and brain injuries. You'll stay here for a couple weeks but all in all, you'll make a full recovery, you're very lucky" he says and I nod my head as I thank him for everything. It's a lot to take in but I know I have time to process it, I'll be here for weeks anyways. "Alright, I'll leave Frankie to fill you in on the rest" he says as he gets up and begins heading out the door before stopping and turning around "Oh, and Ariana, you've had a major impact on so many lives in only a positive way, don't ever doubt yourself. There's so many people who care about you, you deserve to live a happy and beautiful life" he says with a smile before walking away.

"Sounds like you either just got hit on or just met another fan" Frankie jokes as he comes and sits next to me but I don't laugh. I don't know what's going on, how did all those drugs get in my system? Why did the doctor say that speech? What did I do?

"Frankie, what happened?" I ask and he lets out a long sigh.

"Uhm well, last week- uhm. Sorry I don't know where to start. I've had a week to rehearse this and I didn't. Uhm... Do you remember that whole NBC hack thing that the network was dealing with? Or I guess is dealing with?" Frankie asks and I nod my head. Why would that have anything to do with me being in the hospital? Did someone drug me? That seems a bit extreme. "Well, they uhm- they had your journal" he explains as he looks at me to see if I remember any of this which I don't. "It was the one you wrote in a couple years ago, it had the words 'Comedian' written on it in gold, mom gave it to you for your birthday" he adds and my heart drops. I know exactly what he's talking about and exactly what happened.