Izabella

It seemed like eons when Chicago was destroyed and I was officially labeled off as an orphan. Foster wasn't an option, so I ran. Scavenged some materials, edible or otherwise to survive on my own.

It was like this for awhile, until Chicago became another Hot-Spot and No-Go Zone. That's when reconstruction efforts halted completely, and everyone left except me, figured I was good on my own.

That's what every ten year old would think right?

But the Decepticons came flooding in, taking the city for themselves.

One would think then that there was no more hope, until you've stumbled upon your new family.

It was only thanks to my parental figure Canopy, and my best friend Sqweeks, that I was able to survive this long.

-

Reminiscing is getting more common these days. Especially while I'm sitting on the window sill, something I'd always dared myself to do before 2011.

Looking beyond the cracked, dusty glass, I caught sight of the strange Patrol Unit Canopy alerted us about. A yellow scout size bot, along with a human.

Immediately I wondered if KSI were still making those prototypes, but technology was hard to find, as surprising as that sounded, meaning I won't get news from outside Chicago. But getting a clearer view, it looked very innocent, though if these years taught me something, it was to never trust any outsider.

Sqweeks and I were in position, ready to trigger the stolen Decepticon explosives that was rigged around the block.

I anxiously held the the a relatively small button, that was connected to a sophisticated box.

Once I trigger this, Sqweeks and I have a one minute time frame before Decepticons investigate.

Amazingly, Sqweek's 'cover' was blown, literally. But it didn't hinder the plan, as he yelled out the word. Instinctively, I pressed the button, and the ground shook violently with a resounding boom. Fire and smoke rose from the area of interest, and I began to rush downstairs from the two layer building.

Hurriedly pushing the door, I checked to see what damage I done to the duo, only to find them almost seemingly unharmed.

I looked on in terror to see the yellow bot fire a dangerously narrow blast at Sqweeks, the impact sending him meters past me.

"Sqweeks!"

I broke into a sprint to the damaged bot, and in no time was by his side.

I heard mild cursing from the man, at what I didn't know, but it sounded like he was getting close.

Making a mental note for a more thorough inspection later, I picked up Sqweeks as best as I could and began to move with a light jog.

That man was nearly in my personal space now, he kept shouting at me to stop, but I didn't. A few paces later he put a hand on my shoulder, halting my progress for a split second before I instinctively kneed him in his crotch. In response he let go, and his bot came rushing to his need.

Once in a safe place I waited a few moments, while crouching, my mind began to be filled with questions.

Who were they?