ii

Shane pulls up in front of Club Kaos and cuts the engine. Climbing off the back of the motorcycle I pull the helmet off and hand it over to him. Still sitting astride his bike, Shane looks at me with a ton of questions showing through in his eyes.

"What," I question him when he doesn't say anything.

There's a long silent pause as I wait for him to talk. The only sounds being the cars driving down the road, people in line talking as they wait to enter the club and the muffled sounds of music playing from inside.

"What the hell happened? I know I said to call when you needed to get out of there. You hardly ever use the 911 texts, so I wasn't expecting that."

Standing there looking at the ground, I don't say anything for a few minutes. To be honest I'm too embarrassed to say anything. I was stupid to go out with Kayden in the first place. Eve had told me beforehand that she didn't like the idea of me going off with him. I just don't like the vibe I get from him, she had said. Needless to say, I don't really listen to anyone's advice when it comes to some things.

Slipping a finger under my chin Shane tilts my head up to look at him. "I'm not trying to bitch at you, babe. You've just got me worried okay? That's one feeling that I don't like when it comes to you. I don't want anything happening to you and if I can prevent it, I will. I don't know what I would do if you weren't here with me."

What was he trying to tell me? Does he have feelings for me? I could be trying to read into what he's saying way too much, but I'm not so sure.

"It was okay when we got there after I explained to him about us dancing together." Crossing my arms over my chest, I continue. "I'm not sure what happened after that. I know that he had a good bit of alcohol and it's just like a switch flipped. I just got a weird vibe after that. I'm sorry if I pulled you away from anything important."

His eyes that were hard while looking at me as I talked start to soften. You can visibly see him relax as his worry fades away. Jumping off the bike he sets the helmets aside and looks down at me.

"Well, let's forget about everything for right now okay? We'll go in here and have some fun, take your mind off everything. Plus the guys and I are supposed to play tonight." A smile comes to his face when he gets done talking.

I know he loves playing in that band. In all honesty, I love listening to them. Sometimes I'll play around in the basement and sing with them. It's fun, but they can have all the shit that goes with it.

"The only way I'm going in there is if you get me a few drinks and dance with me again. I miss when we use to do that as kids."

"I'll do that," Shane says while taking my left hand in his and starts to walk towards the front door. "But, you have to do something for me."

Raising an eyebrow, I look at him. "Now what would that be?"

An evil smile comes to his face as he looks over at me. Oh shit, I know that look. "Shane, what the hell do you have running through that brain of yours? Cause with that look I know that I'm not going to like whatever you're about to say."

"You're going to sing a song or two with us." My eyes widen in surprise, I open my mouth to say something but he stops me before I have a chance to protest. "You owe me, princess."

"Fuck," I say under my breath as I'm pulled through the front door.

Shane's grip tightens on my hand as he leads us over to the bar. All but prying my purse from my shoulder, he then hands it over to Dale, the bartender. Without asking, Shane orders our drinks and keeps them coming until it's time for Phoenix Rising to go on.