9. A Difficult Choice

~Taehyung~

Taehyung was seething and that was putting it lightly. He wanted nothing more than to storm into Dowoon's study and punch the man in the face but he didn't dare. He couldn't comprehend why in the world anyone would hurt someone like Jimin. Especially if that person was their child!! He was infuriated! The man hurt HIS Jiminie! And through him, his kookie too. The fox's tail lashed back and forth in agitation as he paced the room, and he growled under his breath. Jungkook looked at him worriedly.

"You ok hyung??" Tae growled again under his breath, turning about to stalk the other direction. The two hybrids were in their small room, getting ready to go to sleep after a day of cooking and cleaning and serving and having to act like nothing was wrong. There was a tentative knock on the door then.

"Come in?" Jungkook said. Taehyung's ears swiveled back to listen. The door creaked as it opened and Taehyung's breath whooshed out in relief when he heard Jimin's footsteps. He turned around then and captured the silver haired human in a tight embrace, growling again when he smelled fresh blood from the wounds on his Jiminie.

"I wish there was a way I could stop him from hurting you..." he turned to look at Jungkook, "both of you." Jungkook's eyes were downcast.

"Me too..."

"Well...." Jimin started. "There, uh. There is actually something that occurred to me... but I- well, I wouldn't want to do it without the two of you..." Jimin sounded uncharacteristically serious, even a touch scared. Taehyung frowned at him.

"What is it Jiminie?? What's wrong?"

"Nothing... it's just... ugh it's a stupid idea."

"What is it??" Jungkook chimed in, giving Jimin his best cute-bunny-eyes as he joined their hug, making a Taehyung sandwich. Jimin looked down.

"It's, well it's just scary to consider..." Taehyung placed his fingers under his chin and lifted Jimin's face to look into his eyes.

"Whatever it is, Kookie and I will be there for you, every step of the way." Jungkook nodded in agreement.

"Well, Its only about a month until I'm 18... and once I turn 18 my father can't control me so I thought maybe we could just, you know, run away until I'm an adult. Then I'll sue him or something and take legal custody of you two..." The two hybrids were silent for a minute, considering the option.

"Well..." Jungkook started, "it could work..." Taehyung was unconvinced though.

"Where would we go??"

"Well, I thought we could find a cheep hotel somewhere or something. I think I have enough money saved up to live that way for at least a month." Taehyung nodded, accepting his answer.

"Are you sure? I'll do it of corse but I need you to be sure that this is what you want." Jimin was nodding before he'd even finished.

"This is the only way I can keep you two safe. I just- I don't know what I'd do if- if one of you had to go through what I went through today..." he took a shaky breath then and Jungkook and Taehyung hugged him closer.

The three of them fell asleep that night in each other's arms, snuggled close on Taehyung's small bed.
~~~
The next morning was a rush of nervous activity. Jimin snuck up to his room before his father woke up. Jungkook and Taehyung finished their chores as fast as they could. As Taehyung started making breakfast, he surreptitiously passes Jungkook a loaf of bread, 2 bags of jerky, three apples and a verity of other foods that wouldn't go bad too fast. Jungkook stuffed them into one of the three backpacks they would bring.

Breakfast was silent as the grave but uneventful. The dishes were washed quickly and Dowoon left the three to their own devices, saying only that he would be home late. As soon as they heard his car pull out of the driveway, the three relaxed, smiling nervously at each other. They packed a couple pairs of clothes each along with various other necessary things. Taehyung helped Jimin change his bandages and was glad to see the wounds already looked better. Taehyung realized worriedly that Jimin would have trouble with his backpacking because of the injuries so he and Taehyung agreed to try to secretly make his pack as light as possible, even if it meant making theirs heavier. They gathered up all the cash they could find in the house (several hundred dollars) and made sure Jimin's debit card and wallet were deep in his pack. By then dusk was falling and they made their last preparations.

Their plan was to temporarily 'borrow', as Jimin put it, his fathers second car. They were loading their stuff into the back seat when there was a sudden flash of headlights and the hum of a motor as the front gate pulled open and a car entered. Taehyungs stomach dropped. Dowoon was home.

😱😱😱😰😰
Ahhhh!!!! Cliff hanger! I guess you'll just have to wait to see what happens! 😈😈
Questions and comments are welcomed and doted upon as always!!