20

Farren took one last look around his bedroom, staring forlornly at bed which would be missed greatly over the next three weeks.

The day had come for him to move into Kaden's house, and while he was admittedly excited to be living in that mansion, some part of him would miss the comfort of his own home.

He knew he was being a tad dramatic, after all it was only three measly weeks. Part of it was also nerves. He knew Kaden's parents weren't around much, and he didn't know if  he would be able to control himself around Kaden when they were alone.

He made his way downstairs where his family were waiting with his bags. Even for Farren, this whole goodbye thing seemed like a little bit much. It was only three weeks after all.

Nevertheless, he decided to just go with it as he hugged Grace, Jenny and Rowan, promising Grace that he would be good and that he wouldn't forget to call.

Grace ranted on and on, reminding him to brush his teeth, to be polite, to be respectful and etcetera etcetera. As if he was ten years old again. He fought against his urge to roll his eyes, knowing that this was just Grace's way of saying goodbye.

Kaden too appeared from the sitting room, thanking Grace and Jenny for their hospitality and promising Rowan that they'd watch The Princess Diaries together someday.

Farren felt slightly on edge, being careful to act normal around Kaden. Not that Grace and Jenny would have any problem with them dating, I mean, they'd hardly be likely to condemn being gay, just he felt like he should keep things under wraps until he fully understood what it was he felt. Not that they were dating anyway, strictly non exclusive as he had so stupidly proposed.

The truth of the matter was that of course he wanted to at least try and be something more than a hookup with Kaden, but he couldn't. He couldn't openly date a boy, let alone Kaden freaking Rivers.

He wasn't prepared for that, and as much as he hated it, he had to admit that he was scared. Petrified even.

With final words of goodbye, him and Kaden made their way to his car.

"You ready?" Kaden asked with a small smirk as they sat into the car.

"I though she was never going to let me leave." Farren said in reply, only half joking.

He turned the key, reading the engine to life as he pulled out of his driveway.

"Count yourself lucky, I didn't even get a goodbye from my folks." Kaden answered with a shrug, leaving Farren slightly taken aback for a moment. He could tell that Kaden was trying to pass it off like he didn't care, but he could hear the put out undertone in Kaden's words.

Farren didn't know what to say in reply for a second, before deciding to just give Kaden a comforting smile. He didn't know exactly what Kaden's situation with his parents was, but he could figure that they didn't have the strongest of relationships. "Hey, don't worry about them." He said, giving Kaden a reassuring pat on the shoulder before focusing his attention back to the road.

Kaden just made some incomprehensible noise of agreement, and Farren fought not to pry more. He could tell that Kaden wasn't in the mood to get into it, and much as he wanted to know, he respected the other boy's privacy.

The car journey quickly came to an end as they pulled up at the River's house. The house was super impressive, but Farren was careful not to air that opinion aloud, knowing how much Kaden hated it.

He looked on as Kaden pulled a key out of his pocket, turning it in the door.

The door clicked open and Farren barely had time to look around the foyer and downstairs area of the house before Kaden grabbed him by the wrist. "Upstairs," said Kaden, motioning with his head.